My leather works

Hi folks! I'm Yuri from Russia, Ulyanovsk. It's my first step here. Since 2012 I have a leather work hobby. Now I want to show you one of my belts. I love belts! ;) This is my second tooled belt, the first i'll show a bit later ;) So, veg tanned leather 8-9 oz, solid brass buckle and screws, waxed thread stiched and fiebing's balm atom wax on top.

I feel sorry for my english, it can be terrible sometimes ;))

Last edited:
Not long ago finished my another belt with carving. Width 44 mm Brass buckle 32 mm, 7-8 oz leather in front and 5 oz on back. Tried new (for me) background BK stamp, as a result somewhere nice and somewhere not very. Still studying. :)

Thanks John! It's the first belt i made with two layers of leather front side and back. Very interesting experience to me.

That looks beautiful!

I'm no leather craftsman, but I saw a picture of your work just drifting by and it caught my eye. You are very talented.

Thanks a lot AntDog!
In the last mouth did the simple, practical sheath for medium size dagger. 8-9 oz chrom tanned leather.

Very nice. :thumbup: I wish I could work with leather like that, but I'm all thumbs when it comes to stuff like that. Keep up the good work man.

Very glad you liked :)

As i promised at the beginning, my fist tooling belt i made in 2014. Dedicated to the novel by Arthur Conan Doyle about Sir Nigel. There's five red roses as on the Loring's coat of arms and the motto in old french that you can find in the book if you read. In this project i used resolin as finish, fiebing´s leather dye brown and brass buckle as usual.
This is my first leather carving experience :)

And a couple of my knives for EDC. "Scout" Zlatoust A&R and Enzo Trapper. Enzo built by me, bougth only the blade and parts of guard. Red wood on the handle.

Good Morning MaverickFXZ750!
Yuri, you have some great skills!
Thanks for showing is your leather work!
I just got an A&R Shraftbaht (sp?), nice knives!

Is that a motorcycle in your user name?
Me & Antdog both ride Harley's...
Your English is wayyyyy better than my Russian, lol!
Nice to meet you! Thanks for the pictures!
-Sixx

Very nice to meet you too, Sixx! Thanks for your comment. That's right I ride Yamaha and it's my first motorcycle. FZX is old japanese model 1985-98 750cc engine, four cylinders and five valves at each. Very nice and reliable bike. I got the Shtrafbat too and did the sheath for it. Great knife :)

Last edited:
Hey Yuri!
You have good taste in knives!
That sheath is incredible!
My Shtrabat has the black handle.

FYI back in 1985 I had a Suzuki GS1150ef.
I raced a new Yamaha FZ750 in downtown Edmonton...
And while we were talking at a stop light, we got caught by the police!
He was getting my bike towed away, but all of a sudden they got a serious call!
He said it was my lucky day,many they took off! Whew!

In 1998 I raced an FZ750 at the Friday night races at our local drag strip.
Thus time I was on older Suzuki, GS 1100, but had the 4 valve tssc.
I beat him twice, but only because he was unfamiliar on how to get a good reaction time.
The numbers I remember were me at 103 mph, but he was catching me at 113mph.
We were both near 12 seconds, 11.98 I think was my best...
If he would dump the clutch at the last yellow, he would have been solid into the 11 seconds...

Anyway, back to knives!
I'm it sure if you know him, but there is a fellow from Russia who has an awesome collection of knives!!
His user name is Makandr and he's a really good guy!
I bet you have some of the same!
He posted an article about the history of the Strafbat knives...

Yuri, that's a fast bike for your first! So much fun... But now my Harley is fast enough for me...!
I have a 2007 FXDB Street Bob.
Be careful riding that rocket buddy!
Talk to you again!!
-Sixx

Very interesting! :)
I did't catch only... who said about he's lucky day?

I saw the Makandr's thread about he's collection. Yeah it's really huge. But i don't know him personally.

I'm not a racer i should say, slow rider rather,
Sometimes on a highway during weekend run to another town or some other place, I need extra power to beat a long trucks on high speed and my bike gives it to me very easy.

Street Bob very beautiful model, I like Dyna series.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! The belt I made a couple weeks back. 44 mm width. Buffalo leather about 13 oz and lining with 4oz cow hide. Solid brass buckle 32 mm w., rivet, screws. A few stamping. Saddle soap as finish. The heaviest belt i've ever made but soft and comfortable.

Last edited:
Back