My longest spa wait.

WedgeAntilles

Gold Member
I am so excited! I just got the shipping confirmation that my 4 CRKs I'd sent in are now on their way home. I sent them in early November. But I got 3 glass blasted, and 1 engraved with my late father's handwriting. I cannot wait to have them back. Pics will, of course, follow.

P.s. not complaining about wait times. I had a lot done, and during the holiday season to boot.

Not too bad of a wait time. don’t know how much the cold weather has affected shipping on top of the holiday season. Regardless, it’s still seems like an eternity.
Looking forward to the pics.

Wooosaaa and don't go stalking the postal man.....!

Wait is over! Got these 4 back home. Spare washers (and pivot bushings) for the 3 Sebenza 21s, 3 glass blasts, a sandblast, and an engraving of my late father's handwriting. The PJ 21 was my first Sebenza. The micarta inlay was reblasted because I bought it used with someone else's marks on it. It will be marked again, but now only by me. All 4 are keepers in my book.

Attachments

• 20230109_182814.jpg
    20230109_182814.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230109_182930.jpg
    20230109_182930.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 34
Gotta love CRK. The signature looks perfect. The best things in life usually require some sort of wait, so I’m glad your wait is over.

That signature on the Inkosi is fantastic! If you don't mind me asking, what did CRK charge for that service?

Looks like you got the micarta inlaid sand blasted. Did it come back rougher than a brand new knife? I’ve read that they do, never sent one in for a spa.

Looks like you got the micarta inlaid sand blasted. Did it come back rougher than a brand new knife? I’ve read that they do, never sent one in for a spa.
Yup. It's a bit "rougher', but that roughness smoothes out quickly. I've had the same experience when having a PJ sandblasted.

For clarity, it didn't feel rougher than a brand new knife, it felt the same.

Stuck waiting again. Sent in a 31 for glass blast, and an Inkosi Insingo for glass blast, and a bit of a late lockup/squishy lockbar. I wasn't the original owner, and am a bit concerned someone messed with the tension. The 31 shares my birthday, and the Inkosi shares my wedding anniversary. Then had to send in another Inkosi, because the pocket clip screw stripped. Bummer. At least it's better than the horse head guy that tells you to figure that kind of issue out yourself.

All 3 are safely at CRK, so that's a partial relief. Now to wait 6-9 weeks for the turnaround. Worth it.

Stuck waiting again. Sent in a 31 for glass blast, and an Inkosi Insingo for glass blast, and a bit of a late lockup/squishy lockbar. I wasn't the original owner, and am a bit concerned someone messed with the tension. The 31 shares my birthday, and the Inkosi shares my wedding anniversary. Then had to send in another Inkosi, because the pocket clip screw stripped. Bummer. At least it's better than the horse head guy that tells you to figure that kind of issue out yourself.

All 3 are safely at CRK, so that's a partial relief. Now to wait 6-9 weeks for the turnaround. Worth it.
Perfect excuse to buy a new knife while you wait!

I’ve never tried to find a specific date, the fact that you have two is really cool. Hopefully they can tune up the Inkosi for you. We’ll wait patiently for pictures.

Back