My Loot from the Fisk Micro Show

Picked-up this amber stag Sendero with Jerry's Dogstar Damascus and engraved running leaf pattern. I would describe the piece as "the classic" dressed-up Sendero. The stag on this one is just outstanding.
It has a 4 1/2" blade of L6/1084.

1775119370_173ea1d5c7.jpg

Also brought home another Harvey Dean EL Diablo Fighter. I just love this model fighter bowie as the handle offers a sure comfortable grip, the light weight makes it incredibly quick and it balances right at the guard. Please don't pass up a chance to handle one of these.
This particular piece has just beautiful mammoth ivory held together with three 18K gold pins. Jere Davidson applied bank note scroll and 24K gold inlay masterfully. I'm a sucker for Harvey's feather pattern Damascus. It has a 9" blade with an OAL of 14" and as I said balances at the guard.

1783313012_e72509216d.jpg

Here's a Dean Montgomery Hideout that I owned for about 24 hours. It's a dressed-up one with Jere Davidson engraving and gold inlay, beautiful mammoth and that beautiful feather pattern damascus. Did I say how much I like that pattern. ;)

1768195355_82b1cef483.jpg

Thanks for the beautiful photos Chuck.
If interested, take the link below to my photo site to see larger photos.

Kevin,

FWIW, I think your Dogstar Sendero is THE best Fisk Sendero that I have ever seen, and that El Diablo by Harvey Dean is simply smokin'!
As Lombardo would say...I hate you! ;)

P

wow, you done good Kevin. Any one of those could be the centerpiece of a very fine collection.

Good looking Stuff. I am lookin forward to hearing how Harvy did at this weekends AKI. I do know that he sold out. I think I'll give him a call in a couple of days. Mike

You have some beautiful additions there. Those steel patterns look very mesmerizing and have great contrast.

I couldn't agree with everyone more.
Amazing scores and what Wulf mentioned about any one of them being the
centerpiece of a very fine collection is what I think as well.
You never cease to amaze Kevin.
OUTSTANDING! :cool:

Doug

Terrific knives all! The Dean El Diablo is outtathisworld. If you have a larger-sized image of that one, I'd be grateful if you could e-mail it to me.

Roger

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
These were just a few of many very nice pieces at the show.

I agree Peter, as this is one of the nicest Senderos I have had the pleasure of handling.

Roger, I believe photos of my knives can be uploaded from my photo site.

At the risk of seeming to be a commercial for Fisk Knives (sorry, I know it must seem that way at times), if anyone has been planning on adding a Sendero to their collection, now would be a good time as Jerry will not be making as many smaller entry level Fisk knives. Especially, the plainer carbon steel pieces.

Again, thanks guys.

Outstanding, Kevin! Those damascus patterns are mesmerizing, as Jonathan said. The stag and ivory on those three aren't bad, either. :)

Surprised that Montgomery slipped through your hands so fast, but your collection is stacking up some nice El Diablos. They are great fighters.

Looks like you made up for last year!

- Joe

Great knives Kevin. I had three favorites among the knives the JF had for the Micro and that of course was one of them. The pattern which I recall he names dogstar looks like a beautiful sunburst to me and is one of the most exciting patterns I have seen done on a knife.

The Harvey Dean is also wonderful. Nice damascus and well fitted with the furniture and handle into one super package.

Thanks Chuck for posting the big ones.

Murray, the "Dogstar" is one of my favorite Fisk patterns also.

Yep Joe, hate to let the Montgomery Hideout slip away, however there's always so many beautiful knives and so few $$$s ;) :D

There's kind of a strategy too for buying/selling in order to end up with what you ultimately want in this unique type of draw for right to purchase.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words.

Thanks Chuck - that's a much better look at these gorgeous pieces.

Roger

Back