My New Chew....

Don't see many of Larry Chew's around the forums but, never the less...lets not forget the quality and craftsmanship of this guys tactical knives..and his VooDoo Roller Bearing System..i was lucky to get this baby from my good friend in Miami..presenting the CUJO!
This is a HEAVY-DUTY and serious ...KNIFE!

Attachments

• larry_chew.jpg
    larry_chew.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 506
this is his CUJO model...4 1/8 inch mirror polish blade with mirror polished bolsters, clip and liners too..the back of the bolsters have DEEP NOTCHED thumb serrations and the opening is as smooth as silk...unbelievable on such a STRONG and HEAVY-DUTY knife..

That is one great looking knife. I saw Les had a few on his site. That chew is awesome. So will you carry that with your new Weiland Hornet? You sure do have some great knives.

Dan,
Les does have a few..but all autos..in todays society it is becoming more and more risky to care an auto knife as most places they are illegal. So, this is the one i chose..a manual version but the same voodoo opening..i am a cop and even i get hassled when i go into other jurisdictions when i carry my auto..it is really becoming violent out there and as such, police are cracking down..we have had 8 police officers killed in the line of duty here in the last 6 weeks, i from my agency..so, i understand..the public REALLy doesn't.

Anyhow, the hornet is what i carry in plain clothes and the cujo in uniform...

wait til you see my Larry D DT with bone handles and extra thick blade and my WASP that Reese is making me now..4 inch D2 blade carbon fiber overlay and satin finish handles and blade!

Underdog, I know what you mean. I just looked as Les's site, and all he has are autos. That is too bad. I have never seen a chew in person, but reading about people that own his knives say they are the smoothest action ever. It must be nice. You will definitely have to post a Pic when the new Weiland comes in. I contacted Reese about a Hornet as well as some other work that I would like him to do for me. He sure does make some great looking knives.

Dan,
will do buddy..
yeah, Reese was GREAT...i am amazed that guys like him and Chew are not AT THE TOP of people's list when tactical makers are mentioned..i guess it is like everything else..you have to BE OUT THERE..to GET OUT THERE...quite a shame, if you ask me..

Reeses' knives are wicked looking, yet functional and built like a tank...Chews' knives are built with cutting edge material, fit and finish as good as ANYONE and ohhhhhh, that opening!

These 2 guys HAVE to be at the top of the tactical knife heap, it is a shame that more of their stuff isn't available..but, it makes it all the more satisifying for those of us that have them..

Back