My New Gen 1 XM

Laughing at something, kissing something else, a 3" something getting jealous....

I like where this thread is going!

Just got back to this thread. This is hilariouis! Sorry, about my inbox, what does a guy have to do to get unlimited inbox space? 100 messages is just ridiculous, I am constantly running into the limit!!!

Yes, please kiss the Gen 1 for good luck and goodbye. It's getting a complete makeover and the old knife and it's history and battle scars will be no more. LW is one of the last to see this knife before it's blasted clean and reborn. Will the 3" be jealous? Maybe of Gen 1's looks, but Gen 1 will be jealous of all the pocket time the little one gets...;)

Platinum will get you 300 but I just found the link at the bottom of the inbox to "download all messages as" and I just download them and delete them occasionally.

Platinum will get you 300 but I just found the link at the bottom of the inbox to "download all messages as" and I just download them and delete them occasionally.

OOh! Thanks for that idea!

Laughing at something, kissing something else, a 3" something getting jealous....

I like where this thread is going!

I knew I could count on your warped and twisted mind to come up with this sort of thing....

Keep up the good work!!!! :p :D :D

Just got back to this thread. This is hilariouis! Sorry, about my inbox, what does a guy have to do to get unlimited inbox space? 100 messages is just ridiculous, I am constantly running into the limit!!!

Yes, please kiss the Gen 1 for good luck and goodbye. It's getting a complete makeover and the old knife and it's history and battle scars will be no more. LW is one of the last to see this knife before it's blasted clean and reborn. Will the 3" be jealous? Maybe of Gen 1's looks, but Gen 1 will be jealous of all the pocket time the little one gets...;)

Tell me about it, even 300 can fill up in a couple of days around here! :grumpy:

Now you have to tell Rick never to wash the lockside of the knife, or he'll wash my kiss away. :D Haha It's on it's way, and now I miss it. :eek: I snapped a couple pics while I was on the way to the post office...

Gen1inHand.jpg

I'm really glad I got the chance to be the custodian of this treasure, even if it wasn't meant to last.

Waiting to see what it looks like when it's tune-up is finished.

And to think I nearly bought this knife....look at all the shenanigans we all would have missed out on.

Jeez, I go away for a couple of days and see what I missed! Things sure happen fast around here.....:)

Jeez, I go away for a couple of days and see what I missed! Things sure happen fast around here.....:)

It all happened so fast even my head is spinning, and I don't think it's just the meds I'm on. ;) It's going to look so amazing after the Man does his thing with it. I probably won't recognize it. :cool:

Well, after a brief separation, near loss, and a decision to give new life to a battered Gen1, the RHK crew did indeed breathe new life into this now, like new, Gen1...:D:D:D The knife looks almost like it's unmarked because the new blasting on the blade kind of hides the R. Hinderer stamp, but what's really cool is that depending on the angle the stamp appears and disappears like a ghost....:p

IMG_1119 by maprik_2000, on Flickr

IMG_1120 by maprik_2000, on Flickr

IMG_1116 by maprik_2000, on Flickr

IMG_1115 by maprik_2000, on Flickr

IMG_1113 by maprik_2000, on Flickr

IMG_4472[1] by maprik_2000, on Flickr

Last edited:
Been wondering when we'd see this again. Looks great!

I like the Spanto tip of the gen 1. She's a keeper now!

Stunning pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

You know how many of you who have been "bitten" by your knives have thusly "bonded" with them? Well, I haven't been bitten yet by one of my XMs but after the loss and fortunate return of this Gen 1 to me I feel a VERY strong bond with it now. This XM will never be leaving me as long as I have any say about it....

I like the Spanto tip of the gen 1. She's a keeper now!

Stunning pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Thanks! Yes, the curve of the spanto grind on this one is what I really love most about it. There are other spanto grinds that are kind of a straight line but the sweep of the curve on this grind is really beautiful...

You know how many of you who have been "bitten" by your knives have thusly "bonded" with them? Well, I haven't been bitten yet by one of my XMs but after the loss and fortunate return of this Gen 1 to me I feel a VERY strong bond with it now. This XM will never be leaving me as long as I have any say about it....

That looks great! Glad you ended up back with it. I must admit, I think about that beauty sometimes... :p

Outstanding! Congrats to you AND the Hinderer guys for the exemplary refurbish. I'd be playing with that one LOTS. Are you planning to buy a couple more scales for change out / dress up variety, or is the original scale as good as it gets for you?
B.

Outstanding! Congrats to you AND the Hinderer guys for the exemplary refurbish. I'd be playing with that one LOTS. Are you planning to buy a couple more scales for change out / dress up variety, or is the original scale as good as it gets for you?
B.

You know, I'm pretty happy with as it is. I think that another scale (I'm partial to orange) would be really cool too, but there's something about the "all original" parts being on this knife that is very appealing... On top of that I don't know where I would find a replacement scale for a Gen 1 since it's a half Ti liner that is cut to fit into the cut out in the G10.

Back