My PH1, classy old gal.

JM2

I have a schrade ph1 USA made knife. It had a melted spot in the delrin handles that I have repaired. It appears that the previous owner buffed the guard and melted the delrin just a bit. I sanded it into shape and rebuffed it. It looks good now but I’m thinking on rehandling it.

Well anyways I’m thinking about it but for now I’m just enjoying it. I have been reading about them here and elsewhere, as Google leads me.

Whether or not I rehandle it, I’d like to know what construction the original handle has. Does it have corby bolts and sanded down? Does it have pressed together rivets?

The existing handles are good enough that someone might want them if I do rehandle it. So if I’m able to, I’ll save them, if I do rehandle.

It takes a very nice edge and feels pretty nice in hand too. I don’t use it much, just admire it, as it sure is classy.

Last edited:
That's a great knife! My favorite hunting knives are drop points. Pretty sure the handle material is a product called Delrin. don't know what type rivets they use.

Schrade made some nice drop points! ... Ken

source

I’m not an expert, but I’ve researched the model some, and I’ve never seen another steel being used.

Back