My vintage Cold Steel pictures, discussions, and general shenanigans

While I already have a SRK, that one is both the early, parkerized finish version compared to the later epoxy coated one, as well as my first one was taken over by me for Desert Storm fun and games, and while it never had to be used for anti-sentry purposes, it did open up many an MRE and packing box. Plus another 3 years of use in the Army, so I wanted a brand new one to go with it. This one still has the original red wrapping on the handle:

SRK__epoxy___38C_SRK_jpg-2877694.JPG

Last up is another rare one, a Pig Sticker, sold by Cold Steel under their Special Projects line. I don't know much about the year or model number, so if anyone does please post about it.

Speical_Projects_Pig_Sticker_jpg-2877715.JPG

I remember that dagger in the very first "Special Projects" catalog I was sent.

I think it was from the very early 1990s.

At this time "Special Projects" was actually special projects from CS rather than just a CS catalog.

Here's a really vintage Cold Steel knife, their Survival Rescue knife. It was similar to the more common Emergency Rescue knife, with a manual slide to open button. They came out in 93 or so, and were only offered for a few years. I have the set now of this one, the one with the tanto blade, and the common ER sheep's foot style blade.
Survival_Rescue___32SP_jpg-2943874.JPG

Also bought a Kobun with a 5" blade that should be here this week.

I was bidding on a nice Flight of the Intruder Trailmaster last week. I had a max bid of 750 or so for it, and thought I was going to win it, but alas someone jumped in with about 10 seconds left and threw money at it till he won it at 850 or so. It didn't have the box or COA so I wasn't going to bid past 800 on it this time, though I probably will next time I see one. CS only made 500 of them, so you only seem them for sale once a year or so.

As I posted in the Rare Gems topic, I bought a neat Trailmaster on eBay last week.

It's a Carbon V, but was made in Japan. Almost all their Japaneese made Trailmasters were stainless, with a stainless guard. I'd read on the Trailmaster topic that apparently in the early 90's, CS was having issues getting them made in the US, so they had their Japanese contractors make them.

Mine, like the other, has the early notch (there's a real name for it that I forget - ricarro?), on the underside, and so is the 1st Generation model.

Got a pretty good deal on it, for what it is - 375. Was high bidder at 175 till about 3 seconds left in the auction, someone tried to buy it. They didn't win, but cost me 200 bucks, those bastards!!!

Trailmaster___16C_jpg-3177576.JPG

Trailmaster___16C__left_side_jpg-3177577.JPG

Trailmaster___16C__right_side_jpg-3177578.JPG

Here's a new one from me, the El Lobo, serrated:

El_Lobo___22WS_jpg-3185342.JPG

There were 4 sizes of these curved blades, 6, 5, 4, and the 3 inch El Lobo. You don't see many of them for sale - this is about the first serrated one I've seen. I have the smooth blade, so my Nogales clip point folder collection is complete with all 6 of them - serrated for all 4 sizes, and smooth in 4 and 3 inch versions.

Back