"naked"??

As I mentioned, I picked up this little 1911 Micro-Compact yesterday. Been carrying it in the SoB holster a lot around the house. Filled out my CCW forms today, hope to run down to the sherrifs office this week to get the process started. I have a couple questions about the question on the application.

Anyway, the reason for this post -- I normally carry a Surefire in my coat, Fisher space pen, Micra & misc on my keychain. Tactical folder & often a small fixed-blade, and soon the 1911.

Ran the garbage out a few minutes ago. Sweats, flip-flops. Only a 100yds or so to the dumpsters in this complex (raccoons & skunks hang out down there). Realized when I got there I had NOTHING on me. Really felt naked.

Ever notice once you get used to carrying all this crap, you kinda miss it if it's not there?

Mike

I sure do! Suddenly realizing you're walking around stark naked is as bad as suddenly realizing you didn't fasten your seat belt, or you didn't zip up your pants....

That hasn't happened to me for years (any of the above) but I remember the feeling.

I felt naked last time I rode in a Greyhound to see my girlfriend(which sucks, will never do it again, the greyhound that is) and even more so when I flew up to see my family in DesMoines. :( :confused: :(
Matt:(

I get to do that next week (naked); I usually probably weigh 10 lbs or so less after I empty my pockets. !%#@$ jury duty.

Anthony Lasome

MasterBadge, I don't leave home without it! :) Along with a Glock and TNT...

Funny you should mention jury duty ... I just had to do that today!

They didn't let me take my keys into the courthouse with me; I had to leave them at security. I think they didn't like the locking carabiner I use as a keychain.

They didn't say anything about the "tactical pens" though. :)

Man, it really bites when I forget my knife at home. It rarely happens anymore, but I always keep one in my car as a backup just in case it does happen. I also try to leave them all over the house to remind me to take one.

Once, I even told my teacher that I had to miss class because I forgot my knife at home and had to go get it. She didn't like the excuse too much, but I went and got it anyway.

On occasion I will go down to get the mail or the dining hall without a blade. However, I am a little anxious to go back and pick it up in the room when that happens. I just about never go anywhere ele without a knife. On rare occasions that I have I am very uncomfortable. Most of the time I never need my knife. Doesn't mean that is any consolation when I am sitting there naked!

I carried for three years then let my permit run out but in that time the very very few times I was without my G23 or Endura I felt sooooooo lonely..Ive been thinking about getting another permit but with my job and kids I dont feel have enough time to devote to proper weapon handling...Even if I run out the house in my boxers for just a second I clip my Civilian in the waistband..

As an LEO, I never leave the house without carrying. Seems like
the few times I have, I've needed to be armed. On a recent trip to Europe and Asia I, of course, did'nt go armed (was in Istanbull Sept 11th) talk about feeling naked. Did stop a pickpocket in Florence though.

We were in a church that was packed with tourists. A woman
with a baby distracted a female tourist while her male accomplice
grabbed the womans purse from behind (should have said purse snatch instead of pick-pocket) I grabbed him and was taking him down when two other males pulled him from my grasp. All then ran off without the purse.

I see. Good job. Stopping a pickpocket in Florence reminded me of the scene from Hannibal.

Probably not the smartest thing to do in a foreign country but it turned out okay. Saw a similar attempt in Pisa. A woman with a baby approached a female tourist in our group and asked her to hold the baby. A second female tried to grab her purse from behind. The tourist elbowed her in the face and they both ran off. She sure did'nt need my help. LOL

Back