Navy Seal bali?

Wot's this?
NavySeal.jpg

Guillaume

It's the chineese Sidewinder, with a logo printed on...
I've seen a Marine corps special forces model, too...

A Navi Seal balisong? :p
Seriously, can you get a better picture of it? I think I've seen something alike that somewhere... I think it was on this forum, but I may be mistaken...

Originally posted by blade_420
It's the chineese Sidewinder, with a logo printed on...
I've seen a Marine corps special forces model, too...
There ya go. ;) I think I saw one with a HD logo or something. Could that be right?

The one I have was Special Forces. It come off easy. They make good flippers but thats about it. Won't take an edge except with a file. I filed the edge flat and rounded off the point. Made a trainer out of it. But I didn't pay much for it either.

Following the events of Sept. 11th, it became quite popular to wear clothing with the FDNY logo (Fire Department of New York). Several vendors quickly fired up their presses and began producing hats, tee shirts, etc. They quickly discovered that FDNY is a registered trademark of the Fire Department of New York who sued them and shut them down. The deparment has, for years, quietly marketed its own logoed apparel from its website and from a modest retail store. To keep up with the new demand, they've now signed a lucrative license agreement with, as I recall, Champion Athletics. Anyway, they're gonna make a tidy bit of money and they're gonna get to control what their logo goes on.

Unfortunately, for reasons that I have never understood, the US Military does not have trademarks on its logos and names. Anyone that wants to can slap the US Navy Seals name and/or logo on anything they want to. Phrases like, "The official (whatever) of the US Navy Seals" are meaningless. I could market "The official Pink Feather Boa of the US Navy Seals," if I wanted to and the Navy couldn't do anything about it. If I claimed, "As worn in combat by the US Navy Seals," it'd be up to one of my compeditors to try and sue me for false advertizing. And they'd have to prove that no US Navy Seal ever actually wore one of my boas in combat.

Have the US Navy Seals every actually used one of these Charming Chineese Sidewinder Cheapies? My sainted father used to say, "Nothing is completely useless. It can always server as a bad example." So, maybe, even as we speak, some US Navy Seal instructor is is holding one of these up and saying, "Gentlemen, take a close look at this knife here. This is the perfect example of the kind of knife that you DO NOT want." There you have it. Actually used by the Navy Seals for offical training. You'd better run out and buy one right way.

They sell these at my local flea market for $20, right next to the $4 extremely cheap chinese models.

In case you were curious for some odd reason, the $4 flipped a lot better ;)

Chuck,

Do you know where I could get an Official Navy Seals Pink Feather Boa for my collection?
Is it from the Official "Pansies in the Armed Forces" collection?
Is it "mint" or has it had some combat time?

Just wonderin' ...:rolleyes:

I was just going to inquire about the same thing Blade_420. C'mon Chuck, don't hold out on us here....where can I find one of these?

Hmmmmm, Never tried flipping underwater. Don't think the Navy Seals did either.

Guys,
Years ago,P/C did have some Balis. go to Spec.Ops! They were WEE HAWKS, sandblasted gray,with no markings!I have handled two of these(no, I am not military)!I have carried Bali.'s for a very long time,these Bali.s do exist!
jim

Originally posted by Hawaiian
Hmmmmm, Never tried flipping underwater. Don't think the Navy Seals did either.
Hommm! :) Flipping under water... What's that like? I gotta try that some time. :D

Here at bf.c, Spark has the official monopoly on all things pink, Tutus, Boas, that sort of thing. So, you'll have to talk to him.

What kind of feathers is it made of? You know, some people have allergies... :D

Back