Need a hospital for a wounded slipjoint!

Just dropped my favorite 76' CASE 6375 hard on the concrete trying to scare a nuisance mocking bird away:mad:. The bolsters now sport that rough and dinged concrete kiss look. Can any of you folks recommend someone who can lovingly bring this back to smooth again? Oh and not cost an arm and a leg......Thanks
PS any devious thoughts on offing the mocking bird without too much neighbor attention would be appreciated too. God I hate that feathered noise machine now more than ever!

Buy yourself an Air rifle. Silent and deadly. Someone standing next to you would barely hear it go off. I've got an RWS Model 48, dead accurate and will take any bird. As for the bolster, is it dented or just deeply scratched?

There are several competent knife doctors that frequent the "Maintenance" forum. I'm sure one or more will offer advice or assistance.

Bill Deshivs could help you out, he does alot of knife "surgery", here's his website http://billdeshivs.com/bd/ , he also posts around here. If it's just a couple of scratches you could use metal polish to get the bolster shiny again.

The damage is a bit beyond scratches and is into the corner deformation level. Had it in a robe pocket and was jumping up and down to scare the bird away and it hopped out of my pocket. Almost went and got my Remington 870 I was so torqued! Jail time on Sunday with my two 4 year olds witnessing an arrest crossed my mind shortly there after and I retreated, defeated back into the house. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back