Need an EDC pouch

I seem to be asking for recommendations a lot these days.

For a couple of years now I've been using a medium size Tenba brand camera pouch for my EDC needs. And with some modifications on my part it's been doing very well for such purposes. But it's getting old, it's starting to experience more wear and tear, and it's just generally starting to wear out. It's about time to replace, and if possible I might as well upgrade.

The only problem is that everything I've been looking at has been so much bigger than the Tenba case, bordering on downright cumbersome. Generally what I carry in it is a Victorinox Fieldmaster, a Leatherman Rebar, a single AAA Bushnell flashlight, and one of those little Stanley tape measures for a keychain in the included pocket. I've never needed a lot of room for it all, but I'm having a really hard time finding something equally compact.

To be honest, Boxer, I considered going with that pouch you're using when I first saw it. I could certainly fit some stuff like spare batteries in there and be even more ready in case something comes up. But my current setup has a spare magazine riding right next to the pouch I've got, so the layout might get to be kind of bulky. The micro organizer was another consideration, but I like my stuff to ride on my belt rather than in my pockets. I'm on the ground a lot, things get pressed into my legs and hips if they're in the way, and if I've got all that riding in a pocket it's going to be pretty uncomfortable.

The best EDC pouches are made by Skinth. You can competely customize them and the quality is top notch. It does take a bit to get to you but they are worth it. Go to their site under their name Skinth Solutions.

I've been happy with my PocKit from Yellow Birch Outfitters but it is designed for pocket carry. When carrying on my belt I use a Maxpedition Mini Pocket Organizer with a tacktie as a drop loop.

Last edited:
Got my ZJtech pouch today and I am really impressed.. Very well put together!! Now... What to put into it??!!??!! John

Back