need help identifying this BM

greets!
i've been a lurker here for about a year, now it's time for me to break my silence.

a friend who is in law inforcement recently brought it to my attention that he acquired a balisong off of someone after pulling him over about 9 years ago. He had kept this bali for sentimental value of remembering the the arrest, but he has no real interest in balisongs. It had been in storage for about 7 years until i expressed interest in it.

the link below includes pictures, it's about 5 1/4" closed, and about 8 3/4" open.

any info regarding age, model or value would be greatly appreciated.
many thanks!

http://www.geocities.com/chazmania0006/balisong/balisong.htm

(keep in minds it's just geocities, and they have that lousy data transfer cap)

Linky no worky.
[~IMG]image url[/IMG] <-- use this without the tilde to post the image.

:D Oh yeah. Welcome. Seems that 2002 is a good year for Bali-enthusiasts as all these new people are coming out of the woodworks. I guess it all works out with the number of *NEW* balis that are being released.

Cheers!

aggg. i must have blown the data cap in previewing it. the [.IMG] tag won't work either because geocities doesn't allow direct links to imgages they host... looking for a work around right now.

Looks like one of the "International" series. Can't tell from the pic. Are the handels steel? Could be wrong about this.:D

It looks like a BM259; nickel-plated, cast Zmak handles.......probably made in the mid-90's.

It's just the ticket for a complete Mer 'make-over', i.e., new handles, polished-up or bead-blasted blade, etc.....;)

dawkind, you have got it going on!!! I was thinking the exact same thing! Also wondering, who sharpened it on the curb?
street value from $75 to $100 maybe???

Originally posted by Chazmania006
a friend who is in law inforcement recently brought it to my attention that he acquired a balisong off of someone after pulling him over about 9 years ago. He had kept this bali for sentimental value of remembering the the arrest...

Uh, do police tend to keep what they confiscate for themselves? :confused:

Yup..Dudley is right of course...it's a 259.., and the guy should have been arrested for that sharpening job! :)

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

hmmm... how about this?
Bali00.jpg

Bali01.gif

Bali02.gif

Bali03.jpg

Back