Need help with a Böker Gemini Angler

I would like to have your opinion about the linerlock systemp on that knife. I personnally find it unsecure.
Thanks to all

I just received mine Friday. The liner lock system seems as secure as most, plenty tight, no play. The X-15 steel is impressive. I cut a mess of woven fiberglass material today with it and it didn't dull a bit.

------------------
GronK
Just 'cause yer paranoid don't mean someone ain't out to get ya!

Actually the liner lock setup for that knife is very well done. If you stab something hard with the knife, your forefinger pushes forward on the handle away from the liner, so you won't accidentally disengage it. Contrasted with, e.g., an AFCK, where your finger pushes on the liner on a stab, the Boker design seems very functionally sound.

------------------
Jason aka medusaoblongata
-----------------------
"Is not giving a need? Is not receiving mercy?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra
"Cutting his throat is only a momentary pleasure and is bound to get you talked about." - Lazarus Long
"Knowledge is not made for understanding; it is made for cutting." - Michel Foucault

Ok thank you for your opinion!

I tried something with it: i opened the knife, then i pushed the blade with my hand and the lock released...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mandragore:
I tried something with it: i opened the knife, then i pushed the blade with my hand and the lock released... </font>

Then you've got a problem. Send it back to Boker or the dealer you bought it from and they should send you a new one.

------------------
Jason aka medusaoblongata
-----------------------
"Is not giving a need? Is not receiving mercy?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra
"Cutting his throat is only a momentary pleasure and is bound to get you talked about." - Lazarus Long
"Knowledge is not made for understanding; it is made for cutting." - Michel Foucault

Back