Need opinions on the CRKT Polkowski/Kasper Companion

I'm thinking about getting a CRKT Polkowski/Kasper Companion, but my local retailer only has the serrated version in stock. I had checked it out and like the feel of it, but for those who own one, how do you carry it? I know it comes with a sheath to wear around your neck, but in my opinion it's too heavy for neck carry. How does it ride on the belt sheath? Is it easily concealed? Easy to retrieve?

Get Normark at on-scene tactical to make you a sheath for it . The factory sheath sucks with a capitol S .With a Normark sheath it is the one fixed blade I reach forto carry over all others , including customs.

While I'm sure the Normark sheath for the Companion is great, I have to say that the IWB sheath provided seems to be perfectly adequate to me. Mine holds the knife securely and releases with a firm yank. It's also very sturdy and probably much heavier than a custom sheath. I agree the knife is too heavy and big for neck carry but you can rig a nifty shoulder rig with the sheath. I used some black paracord, attached the free ends to the sheath, make a figure eight and voila! instant shoulder rig. The knife itself is just the right size and shape even if the steel isn't the finest in edge holding. It would be so cool if they upgraded to AUS8 or 440C - then it would be nearly perfect.

The knife rides on the belt well, and is easily retrieved. The number of carry options is really great as well.

El Cid, please shoot me an e-mail. rejmke@uleth.ca

Great little knife definatly keeds another sheath.I made one for myself. I also bought them with the black blades just to be a little
diff cause ther is not that many out there.

I really like mine. It is one of the few fixed blades that I actually carry on a routine basis. The sheath is ok when rigged for IWB with the J-hook, but a bit bulky and does not allow you to get a complete grip on it. I really like it for reverse grip draw left handed IWB as a backup to a ranged weapon. The other sheath that comes with it has a series of holes all ao round the edge of the sheath and can be lashed to all sorts of things.

Uncle Mike Sastre makes a way-cool looking IWB sheath out of concealex that I am planning on ordering that should do the knife justice.

Overall, a great knife for the money.

Back