Neil Blackwood medium hunter... in S30V!

shootist16

knife law moderator
The mail man just dropped this off:

dbmh.jpg

I can tell you without hesitation that the picture does NOT do the knife justice. I obviously haven't cut anything with it yet but I cant wait to put it to use. I am excited to see how S30V performs.

Initial impressions are very favorable. As usual Neils work is impeccable. If I didn't know any better I would swear that Neil custom fit the handles to my hand.

The first time I held the knife I knew I had a lifelong friend.

I will post a follow up on performance as soon as I have something to report.

p.s. Neil says that the S30V was a real b**** to put a hand finish on. :D

The rest of you will have to wait. Neil's second S30V med hunter should be coming my way shortly. I love Neil's micarta work, but mine will have stabilized wood for the handle. Can't wait.

That about sums up my thoughts on S30V!!:p

Actually, I must say that so far my test knife is holding up VERY well and takes a WICKED SCARY SHARP edge. I intentionally put a very thin edge on my knife with flex testing in mind and it passes with flying colors. It has also held up well to a LOT of cardboard and some hardwood chopping, it only has a 3" blade so LIGHT chopping! Hopefully this weekend it will be put through my ultimate FISH TEST :) This is how I personally judge a knife. Bone, flesh, skin, chopping board, BLOOD, a lot of everything!

Dennis,

I'm glad you like the knife, since working out the Melee design, I've started making the finger notch on the hunters a little larger. It seems to feel better in the hand, especially when making minor changes in grip. Between the S30V and the G10, that knife should be BOMB proof ;)

Guys,

The others well along, I hope to be making sheaths this weekend!! Thanks again for all your interest, support, encouragement, suggestions and good wishes :D

Neil

Nice piece Dennis...and a great job Niel..., thanks for posting the pictures...

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Anyone remember "the good old days", where a new Blackwood (or any other maker) could be viewed/posted in the Custom Knife Forum???:confused: :confused: :eek:

Michael

Woo Hoo. Got mine today. Wood handle is very nice as are the mosaic pins. VERY sharp. Will see how long the edge holds up.

Originally posted by bfm
Woo Hoo. Got mine today. Wood handle is very nice as are the mosaic pins. VERY sharp. Will see how long the edge holds up.

Can you post a pic?

As a Basic member, no. Might upgrade but it will be a few months. I'll grab my camera tomorrow and e-mail you a shot or two.

e-mail me a couple of pics. I'll put them on my server and you can link to them. :D

jcmhs30v.jpg

Just getting used to the new digital camera. It already beats the hell out of the scanner :) This is one I just finished the other day, and is taking a very LONG trip right now!!

Neil

What a great looking knife!!
Congratulations, Dennis. Can't wait to see more of these.
Must count money now. More pictures, pleeeeeeeease! :)

Neil-

that one looks GREAT!!! [and the camera definately does a much better job with pics :D ]

HOT DAMN I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!

jcmhs30v2.jpg

Wait till I figure out how to actually USE the thing :)!!!!!!!!

Back