New A-100 arrived today

This is Emerson #5 for me and it's the best one yet out of the box. No grit in the pivot, action is extremely smooth with no blade play and a tight pivot, centering is nearly perfect, the jimping on the liners and the scales match up perfectly, lockup is just like it should be. Plenty sharp out of the box and the grind looks great. Blade finish is great just like you'd expect.

I don't know what they're doing over there now at the Emerson shop but they should keep it up!

One of my favorite Emerson's. Has been my EDC for over 3 years now. Congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

--Larry

My partially serrated A-100 is stamped 2008 and serial 0077. Bought when treated knives purely as tools. Now that have more than one or two feel a little bad how hard it's been used.

Contemplating polishing the scarred stone wash off and make it pretty but for now it shows honest use.

Hope yours serves you well at least as long as mine has.

Good to hear! A second a100 is next on my list. I dont see them listed in last years catalog, I sure hope they arent going to be discontinued anytime soon? I worry because they lack all the features so in vogue with the current flip toy do everything possible to convince novices you have an auto marketplace right now lol. Exactly why I like mine so much!

Back