New Article on Ontario Website

Dan Maragni

They just posted my next article on the Ontario Knife website on Functional Knife/Sword Design. Go to the Ontario site, click on "Education" and you will see me blue and click on blue me.

I have no idea why I am blue and have nothing to do creating the images, they are the creation of Matt at Ontario. I am curious where the colors go from here.

Dan, Dang good to see the OKC's moderator. I see your 2 articles in blue and red. The 1075 to 1095 1095 to 1075 article is interesting enough that I printed it to archive in PDF. Glad OKC is not preventing that like some html monkeys taken da chanj orders ya know.... Guessing you enjoy reading Larrin' work at knifesteelnerds. Heck, you met him probably. Glad Knife Center finally got Micarta on a R2D2, about time. It's too nice for the young grand kids, their practicing not losing them, but the older ones are smiling this Christmas. If my kids need an outdoors tool...

Last edited:
I'm glad you liked the article about the change from 1095 to 1075 steel. I have not met Dr. Larrin Thomas although I do remember seeing his father and his fine work when I was a custom maker and used to do the custom knife shows. Dr. Thomas is a real treasure and I wish he was around when I started knife making when the idea of applying metallurgical principles to knife making was novel to say the least. It was a very different world back then and I'm glad to see how far our knowledge has increased.

Back