New Blades for an Old Green Beret

I have been serving overseas now with a Special Forces team for the last year (kuwait, afganistan, kosovo) and have unfortunately been ill equipped as far as blades go. I can attest to the importance a good blade offers and the comforting feeling it gives when it is strapped to your gear. I had to leave pretty quick and did not get around to getting a decent knife-so just deployed with a spyderco and my bayonet. Well, finally, after much comparing, and first getting some bills paid off--I decided on Busse. Good reputation and solid blades. I was very impressed in talking with Jerry Busse himself concering my orders and knife needs and his understanding of how I quickly needed the blades due to my current situation. (also a thumbs up for Blade Babes service!) I am so far very pleased with this company's dedication, quality, and designs and look forward to posting some pics when my knives arrive. These knives will definately be getting a workout!! God Bless, Chadwick (now if I could just trade in my beretta for a glock and my M-4 for a M-14-life would be perfect!!) Oh, and Jerry, the gift from Serbia I promised you is being mailed tommorrow (hush, hush) :cool:

Cool story. What type of Busse did you snag? Steel Heart? Enjoy, and be safe out there!

And, of course, welcome to the madness!

:D

Ranger288, You will not be disappointed. I heartily believe that Busse knives are up to the tasks you will call upon them for. My heartfelt thanks for your service to our country as well.

Ranger
Welcome to the Busse Forum, glad you stopped by.

My prayers are with you and all the military men and women.

:D:D

Chad,

Glad to see your post. I think it's only fair to warn the other INFI Hogs that your are getting a pretty strong start and they'd better keep an eye out for you ;)!!!! Oh, and don't think that just because you're a few continents away that your INFI is safe either!!!! Just ask Gundy. . . Eric Porkerson intercepts half the stuff he orders. . . .He then uses it for about 6 months and then passes it on to the poor ol' Gundster. . . Sadly, the Gunderhog didn't even know that our blades are coated!!!! Turns out that Eric wears all of the coating off before sending them to the land down under!!!!

Welcome aboard!. . and trust No One!!!!!! ;)

Jerry

Originally posted by Jerry Busse
. . .He then uses it for about 6 months and then passes it on to the poor ol' Gundster. . . Sadly, the Gunderhog didn't even know that our blades are coated!!!! Turns out that Eric wears all of the coating off before sending them to the land down under!!!!

Hey Porkerson, share the love man. I'll help you wear the coating off of Gundy's blades. I'm here for you man, no sense in wearing your arms out when I can help!

The blades are coated?!!!:eek:

I thought you guys were crappy photographers!

Be safe Ranger! Gods speed...

Ranger,
You made the right choice. Nothing, but nothing, can take a licking and keep on ticking like INFI by Busse!!!
Knowing Jerry he fitted you up as no one else could.
Thank you for your service, and helping to protect us from harm.
Come home safely, and as quickly as possible.

Hi Chad,
I just wanted to chime in my family's thanks to you for your service to our country and the cause of freedom! I hope you boys Know what a little minority, sorry I mean,little minority those ignorant, low wattage protesters are!!! The people of this country are with the President and BEHIND YOU!
The difference between us and the protesters on TV is we have jobs to go to and families to raise and WE EMAIL OUR SENATORS AND CONGRESSMEN with our support of regime change for dictators, rather than try to get on TV.
Good luck and Gods speed!

There is no tougher knife than a Busse, that's for sure!!

Thanks for your service to our country. Thanks for the freedom we enjoy everyday.

Ranger,

Thank you for your service to our great country.

You will find your Busse will serve you well. Hope your team mates find the same to be true.

Watch your 6 man.

Mike

Hi Chad and welcome. I know the feeling of having a great blade on your gear and the piece of mind it gives. Having decided aloong time ago to always have the best tool I could afford, I've had a Busse of one sort or another on my gear for about 5-6 years now. No matter what you ask of it, it will always perform extremly better than other blades. You made the right choice. I have no idea how "old" you are, but I'm getting ready to retire from the military after 21 years and it sounds like it's going to be in great hands. Good luck and God bless.
Bob

Well hello there Chad!! It was a pleasure talking to you!! I have to say that the pictures you sent were really unbelievable!! I would love to see more when you are able to take them!

;)

BB

Ranger288/Chad, welcome to the busse zone, where infi and time collide and the clock runs in reverse. you made a good choice in busse that is for sure.

thanks to you and your buddies for risking your all and helping to keep our way of life intact:cool:

stay safe:) :)

Chad.... as stated on the Busse forum..... Take care of you and yours bud! Give em' hell and get home safe.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Jay

Originally posted by Blade Babe
... I have to say that the pictures you sent were really unbelievable!! I would love to see more when you are able to take them!

;)

BB

Hey, BB, I'll bet he said the same thing to all the girls... :D :D

Welcome aboard, Ranger, and welcome to the family. :)

Ranger....great choise in Busse! Wish they were around back in 80-84 when I was in.......Good luck, Do the deed and come home safe!

Back