New Blast Flipper Clip Point

Here's a new version of my Blast flipper with a clip point. The handle remains the same. Let me know what you think of this new blade shape. Thanks for looking.
-Ray Laconico

S7302568_zps6d28b7a8.jpg

S7302573_zps8bfc49bb.jpg

S7302569_zpsa8110d78.jpg

I've never been a huge fan of recurves, but I like the overall blade shape. Nice clip point.

I see you've moved your mark back onto the flats.

Looks great ray!
Not a huge fan of recurves either but this one is smooth!
Well done!

Very nice, Ray.
I only have one knife with a recurve because it works well on this model. The recurve works well on this folder too. :)
I just prefer the straight edge in general.
Rolf

Thanks guys. This is going with me to a knife show in three weeks. It won't be for sale until then. If it doesn't sell there I'll post it here. Thanks.

Recurves are fine but I imagine they can be hard to touch up & sharpen. I dig your earlier influences. I guess, I'm just partial to clean symmetrical work. Although, take that w/ a pinch of salt. Still waiting & watching for a Jasimine or even a Fossa.

Thanks guys. This is going with me to a knife show in three weeks. It won't be for sale until then. If it doesn't sell there I'll post it here. Thanks.

Pretty sure the chances you not selling it at the show are NILL! You do great work Ray and I think the speed that your knives sell are proof of that.

Capbyrd, you are absolutely correct. No way this knife goes back to Visalia!
Ray, I love the transitions from spine to shoulder and beyond toward the clip drop off, really elegant finishing.
I like recurves for cutting rope, etc as the belly bulge helps to bite into the chore. I hate sharpening recurves, or to say it more correctly: I don't sharpen them well.
Also like the bronze stop pins a lot. Look forward to seeing it in Pasadena.

Last edited:
Back