New Bowie WIP

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Drawing inspiration from the videos and knives of Jason Knight and blades I got to handle at Blade Show West, I am working on a new Bowie for an upcoming trip. Trying to evolve some as a maker by looking to lighten up some of my work. Tapered tang and full flat grinds lighten up the metal and heavy sculpting of the scales will lighten up the whole knife without sacrificing strength. Scales are black Micarta with orange G10 liners. Hoping to finish it up tomorrow
View attachment 1000218 View attachment 1000219 View attachment 1000220 View attachment 1000221 View attachment 1000222

Another winner Bill. Like I keep saying for most knives, 1/4" ful weight blades are too limited in use and way to heavy. Lighter is better for a blade designed for a full days use. LOL, yes I know "Grow stronger". Can't wait to see the end results.

Wow, it turned out great Bill. I also like the fact that it it lightened up a bit. Easier for old farts like me to control.

Devil's advocate but with tapered tang and distally tapered you could start with thicker stock :)

I had the distinct pleasure of handling this beauty at the recent gathering. It is an exceptionally beautiful knife and it was an immense pleasure talking to Bill about his design philosophies and ideas. This particular knife is a winner for sure.

Back