New Camp/Utility Knife Design

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Always trying new things and here’s my latest! It’s a cool compact camp or utility design. Overall it is 9 13/16in with a 5in blade. Weight is 13oz. It’s a simple design with a drop point and a comfortable handle. I used 1/4in 5160 for this one so it has plenty of backbone! The bevels are flat ground to a nice sharp edge. The scales are maroon/black G10. I added a simple pattern of file work to the spine for the thumb. The choil is ground on a 3/4in wheel and left squared off so it can be used as a ferro rod scraper. I’m going to do some testing with it next time I’m out and see how I like it.

IMG_3755.jpegIMG_3756.jpegIMG_3757.jpeg

That's cool man, I like that! Good idea on the ferro rod striker, and the layered G10 scales look a lot like laminated wood.

Oh yeah! That's a simple design but seems to have exactly what's needed for camp chores! Looks like it should prep wood with that back and slice well with that grind! Hope it handles well for ya...it's fantastic...hope I'll have a chance to test that design from you in the future 😀.

Back