New Carson Frame Locker?

There's been talk of the Paragee but not much of the Carson frame-lock collaboration. Is this still in the works?

Jon

Dear Jon:

In place of the Carson frame lock we are producing a smaller 3" blade version of the Zytel Magna. Delivery is scheduled for later this Fall.

Thank you for your interest.

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch

See our Online Catalog at: http://www.outdooredge.com

Mr. Bloch,

Thanks for the prompt response. It wasn't what I was hoping for, but it was honest and to the point.

Jon

Ghecko:

We too were looking forward to producing Kit Carson's Model #4 design in a frame lock. Unfortunately we came up with a great looking pattern for skeletonizing the handle scales and later found out it was not possible to blank out this pattern in production. We tried several other patterns however none of them gave us the appearance we wanted for this model. We therefore opted to scale down the original Magna design with a 3" blade for a great compact utility folder for every day carry.

We too were disappointed on not being able to produce the frame lock Carson and I thought you would appreciate a little more background on why we did not proceed with this project.

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch

See our Online Catalog at: http://www.outdooredge.com

Mr. Bloch,

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense to me.

Will you go with a more convential clip on the small Magna or will it too be sunken (for lack of a better term) into the handle like the full size model?

Jon

[This message has been edited by Ghecko (edited 08-09-2000).]

We decided not to recess the clip on the 3" Magna. Our design focus was strong, light-weight and thin as possible. The recessed clip works good on the 4" Magna since this is a handfull of knife. On the 3" Magna we felt the recessed clip would result in the handle being too thick.

The clip shape compliments the handle, is skeletonized and top mounted with three fasteners for deep pocket carry. In short, if you are a stickler for good clip design, I believe you will like this one.

Excellent! I wasn't sure how the large Magna's clip would translate into the smaller version and I'm glad to hear it will still be a deep pocket design.

Jon

Back