New Coot

sorry I ducked out on the chat last night, but something came up. :D
no, not that:rolleyes:. I had some cutting to do. My wife had some of that industrial card board that needed to be disposed of, the kind that furniture and the like are covered in for protection.

I was pleasantly surprised at how the coot preformed. The geometry of the blade makes it a very efficient slicer. I know most of you already know this, but it is new to me. Most of my knives have been and are of the bowie/chopper configuration. I have bought for others but never had for myself anything that preforms like this. This size in the blades never met my expectations.

The coot is different. It cuts, slices and penetrates like a mudder
and keeps going. It also does this w/o the flimsiness of the blade that I have found in other knives of this "design". I know that my little card board cutting did not even come close to taxing this knife, but I knew that Eric would not mind me missing chat to test out one of his knives, I just hope that by next week I have more to offer in terms of tests.

On a side note, SRKW customer service is outfreekinstanding. I had a Howling Rat on order for a while and changed my order to the coot. I got an email from Eric that my coot would SHIP on Monday. To my surprise I had it Monday(yesterday). All my emails were answered by either Eric or Jennifer regarding the status of my order when I was waiting. Above and Beyond, that is where they go in their customer support. THAT is why I am a customer.

Cerberus.:D :cool: :)

Cerberus,
Thanks for the report and for the kind words. Glad you had a chance to give the Coot a little workout :D:D

Keep us updated on it's journey's :D

Back