New email system sucks!

I hate the new email system here on BF! It's now harder to verify email addresses with screen names and it's a pain when someone PM's you and asks you for a picture of a knife and you have to email them to get their email address! Needless to say it's very impersonal, I suggest everyone post their email address in their sig line!:grumpy:

ya what he said:grumpy:

I am glad you said that i tried to get a pic of a knife yesterday and he said no emails showed up i had never had that happen before. THANKS for the info BRAVADO.

Hey Guys!
You've got the system all wrong. DUH!
When you click on the "send email to Bravado", or Walking Man or whoever, you will be shown the next page, where you will see that you can click on their name.
Click on it, and you will be shown the email address.
any questions? I don't think it's as good as before, but emails are still available!
[added]
click on the blue forum ID when you get to the email page for the actual email address:
Send a message via Email to getrdone44

Walking Man said:
Hey Guys!
You've got the system all wrong. DUH!
When you click on the "send email to Bravado", or Walking Man or whoever, you will be shown the next page, where you will see that you can click on their name.
Click on it, and you will be shown the email address.
any questions? I don't think it's as good as before, but emails are still available!
[added]
click on the blue forum ID when you get to the email page for the actual email address:
Send a message via Email to getrdone44

Huh? Where do you see the actual email address? I tried that and it doesn't show the actual email address! I know you can still email people using the new system but it doesn't show their actual email address.:mad:

I won't post my email anywhere on the web, because I don't want any spam. I am at almost zero spam right now, and I want to keep it that way. :D

Bravado said:
Huh? Where do you see the actual email address? I tried that and it doesn't show the actual email address! I know you can still email people using the new system but it doesn't show their actual email address.:mad:

yeah, when I click on the highlighted name, it just brings me to the profile.

This belongs in Service & Support.

Zooommmmm......

I agree that the old way of linking up an e-mail to a forum name was a lot easier. This way, I have dumped many e-mails not knowing who had sent them.

There may well be a reason for the change, I jsut don't know what it is.

Maybe one of the S&S mods can explain it for the benefit of us all.

Hammy

I've sent two emails to H.I. this month, no problems. Maybe that's he only one working!?

thatmguy said:
I agree that the old way of linking up an e-mail to a forum name was a lot easier. This way, I have dumped many e-mails not knowing who had sent them.
As long as you don't send email to another forum member, your email address won't get out. Many people always prefered that.

If someone wants you to get email from them, they should begin the title with something like Bladeforums - and they should include forum name and perhaps real name in the email itself.

The current system provides for some added security and still allows for clear communications, but it takes a certain amount of care to get that.

Back