• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

New Handle Composites

Status
Not open for further replies.

fod

a la sombra
Some new combinations and patterned composites handmade in Jackson, Michigan.

I have been doing this for about two years now and I trying make a good show of this, I am committed to this endeavor and not be a flash in the pan. I would like to be your supplier now and in the future.

If You want something different, please contact me for a quote. Right now, my lead time is about a week, a bit longer f I need to order materials. I can do just about any color, material or combo. Team or School Colors, not problem! Lets Talk.

They are all held together using a high quality, high cost, crystal clear, true epoxy resin and not any of the cheap and nasty polyester or vinylester resins some use to save money. Certainly not bondo from the hardware store. They are cured under pressure and heat. Unless otherwise mentioned, I am using new fabrics and materials. I want to ensure you that I am using the best materials I have found to supply you with high quality laminates.

I need to also mention I am not making Micarta. Micarta is a registered trademark and for me to use the name would be like making copy machines and putting "Xerox" on it, or tissue paper and calling it "Kleenex". It is also made differently.

Paypal Preferred, prices include the fees. I'll happily work with other types of payment. All price are in US Dollars.

New Shipping policy:
$2 per pair, max shipping cost $8 for as much as you order

International customers, I will be happy to ship to you for the actual postage cost and your promise that will not ask me to commit tax fraud. The Standard Rate Envelopes are $13 to most places overseas, if I recall correctly.

Standard "I'll take it" in the thread applies over email and pms.

ADDITION: I have most of a sheet of 3/8" burlap available (Approx. 12" x 15")

I will be happy to sell you any cuts you like from it, or the whole thing

ADDITIONAL ADDITION:
Sunburst:
red-two oranges, two yellows. .220" thick, 4" x 6" $12 plus shipping

sgaindubh014.jpg

sgaindubh017.jpg

First off is some flat laid stuff:

Red, White and Blue Canvas
:
approx 3/8" x 1-3/4" x 6"
$15 per pair
2 pair available
Red and Black Canvas:
approx 3/8" x 1-3/4" x 6"
$15 per pair
4 pair available

twistys013.jpg

twistys015.jpg

Next is some 2 blue burlap with blue glow powder .

Glow Blue Burlap
2 pair available
$18 per pair

"Painted Desert" (right in photo below)...this is what happens when I randomly throw a lot of the brighter colored scraps in the mold.
Appox. 1-3/8 x 1-1/2" square x 6" long
2 available
$17 each block

twistys018.jpg

Pink-red-white yarns with glow dust
:
approx .350" x 1-3/4" x 6"
$21 per pair
1 pair available
as used on this knife (thanks Adam!)
Picture022.jpg

Flat laid Olive colored cotton

Approx .150" thick.
I have apiece 8" x 14" ...let me know how much you need
($55 for the sheet, $14 per pair cut up)

twistys021.jpg

Multi colored yarn (like confetti mainly dark with some light spots...very cool!):
Approximately 1-3/4" x 6" x whatever thickness you like (custom cut to your desired thickness)
$18 per inch or pair of 3/8" scales
twistys004.jpg

"Rags"

Green rag and Brown rag. ****brown all gone****
Finely shredded canvas, denim, cotton, etc saturated with epoxy, compressed and cured.
Approximately 1-3/4" x 6" x whatever thickness you like (custom cut to your desired thickness)
$20 per inch or pair of 3/8" scales

twistys041.jpg

Twists:

Green Twists and Brown Twists

Approximately 1-3/4" x 12"x whatever thickness you like.
Notice I can cut you 12" long scales for those special projects:
$18 per inch or pair of 3/8" scales
(by 6" length...$35 for a 12" length)

twistys005.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Todd

Last edited:
O man i love the red white and blue, I want some. now if i bought all 6 pare from you could i get a special deal ;). I thinking that thy would be perfict on my 2nd Amandment knives :D

O man i love the red white and blue, I want some. now if i bought all 6 pare from you could i get a special deal ;). I thinking that thy would be perfict on my 2nd Amandment knives :D

Thank you!:D

I am sure we can work something out:thumbup:

PM in a moment.

Are you going to offer the Yellow and Black Burlap in scale size again?
CHROME Yellow and Black burlap, yum yum. With warm Clover Honey on the side.
I would take two sets.
I REALLY like that Red White and Blue. That's a winner.
I would take some but I already have three sets of blue Lapis, red Coral, and white Pearl (with nickel silver spacer material) AND a set of r/w/b acrylic pearl to use for that theme.
Maybe end of summer for that if you still have it.

Are you going to offer the Yellow and Black Burlap in scale size again?
CHROME Yellow and Black burlap, yum yum. With warm Clover Honey on the side.
I would take two sets.
I REALLY like that Red White and Blue. That's a winner.
I would take some but I already have three sets of blue Lapis, red Coral, and white Pearl (with nickel silver spacer material) AND a set of r/w/b acrylic pearl to use for that theme.
Maybe end of summer for that if you still have it.

Thanks for the kind words.

I will be more than happy to make up anything you like, so please do not wait for me to make something up...I try not to work a bunch of things up and guess what the market will want, Take the above as examples of what I can make up for and let me know exactly what you would like me to make up...my typical minimum size 6" x 12"....anything smaller than this and the cloth can slip between my press plates and make a mess of things.

Please drop me an email and I will be happy to quote you on the black and yellow beeskin (I cannot email you...you apparently have that option turned off).

Thanks again and best regards,

-Todd

Last edited:
Hi Todd, A great day for shopping! Here is what I would like if possible: 2 pair of the tan burlap scales, 3 pair of the multiyarn scales cut to 3/8, 2 pair of rag scales also 3/8, and 2 pair of the blue carbon fiber scales. I don't knoe if this will fit in one standard rate envelope so please either email or PM me with a total and I will Paypal you.
Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Todd, A great day for shopping! Here is what I would like if possible: 2 pair of the tan burlap scales, 3 pair of the multiyarn scales cut to 3/8, 2 pair of rag scales also 3/8, and 2 pair of the blue carbon fiber scales. I don't knoe if this will fit in one standard rate envelope so please either email or PM me with a total and I will Paypal you.
Thanks,
Kevin

We can do all that Kevin!

Email in a minute to discuss the details.

Thanks so much,:thumbup:

-Todd

I sent some of the red and black to my friend Rob (aka Centerfinger*) and below is a pic of what he did with it

-Todd

*he also developed my website, great guy to work with :thumbup:

redblack.jpg

The scales came today Todd. They are great and I cant wait to use them. Thank you for the excellent service.

Kevin

The scales came today Todd. They are great and I cant wait to use them. Thank you for the excellent service.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin, My Pleasure :thumbup:

ADDITION: I have most of a sheet of 3/8" burlap available (Approx. 12" x 15")

I will be happy to sell you any cuts you like from it, or the whole thing.:)

looking forward to seeing more linen and carbon fiber.

That combination makes some of the coolest flat laid stuff in my experience. I supply Bark River with a red and carbon that is very cool.:cool:

It is fairly expensive to make up, so chances are I won't make any up on speculation often. That means I will generally have to wait for an order for me to make more up.

My present minimum size just now is 6 x 12, but I might be able to be talked into going to 6 x 6 on these carbon hybrid laminates. ;)

I'd be happy to discuss specifics with you.

I sent some of the red and black to my friend Rob (aka Centerfinger*) and below is a pic of what he did with it

-Todd

*he also developed my website, great guy to work with :thumbup:

redblack.jpg

I just saw this thread and was going to put up that pic, but you beat me to it. Thanks for the kind words and the feeling is mutual.

I'd also like to note, in that pic the scales were only sanded to 120 grit. I'm sure they will look much better when I get that blade completed. Also, this stuff is amazing to work with. It was my first stab at a composite and I was very surprised of how easy it was to work.

Great stuff!!!

update, 3/8" natural burlap added,

sunburst added

That combination makes some of the coolest flat laid stuff in my experience. I supply Bark River with a red and carbon that is very cool.:cool:

It is fairly expensive to make up, so chances are I won't make any up on speculation often. That means I will generally have to wait for an order for me to make more up.

My present minimum size just now is 6 x 12, but I might be able to be talked into going to 6 x 6 on these carbon hybrid laminates. ;)

I'd be happy to discuss specifics with you.

I've seen pictures, gorgeous!

sounds good! i'm still experimenting and learning so I'll have to order a set in the future when I improve.

to the top...

If you don't see what you want, I'll be happy to make it up for you.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back