New Kiridashi

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Here is a new style of kiridashi I recently made, it has a rounded butt, a choil and a zero bevel chisel grind. The spine is rounded and textured. It has a relic finish that I did with plum brown barrel finish and bleach.

050.jpg

052.jpg

I love that finish:eek: Can you do that to my bushcrafter??:D

Thanks! I can do that finish on your knife but it will be a tiny bit different as I have to grind part of it off for the handle and spine, I'll think about the best way to do it.

I really like the finish on this one.
Thanks! It is an old style gun finish and I think it adds a cool look to the knives. I heat the knives up to 275 and paint them with browning, let cool and repeat about 3 times, after that I do a bleach soak or two and maybe more browning steps until I get the look I want... lots of work but looks great and adds some rust protection. Sometimes I skip the bleach, it adds a cool pitted look that I really like but is not for everyone.

I really like that finish too.
Thanks!

That is just flat out WICKED lookin'!! Great job Daniel!!!
Much appreciated!

fabulous, Dan!
Thank you Sveqs!

If you can make it work that would be really cool! Otherwise I might have to "borrow" the mustard from the fridge. Momma loves it when I run off with the bottle and a knife:D

If you can make it work that would be really cool! Otherwise I might have to "borrow" the mustard from the fridge. Momma loves it when I run off with the bottle and a knife:D

I'm already getting some good ideas! :D

I also need to look for pics of my grapefruit patina'd knives, they are really cool. I love the mustard too, hot white vinager also rocks for a nice etch.

Back