New knife,The Harvester

Just finished this

harvester-4.jpg

Attachments

• harvester-4-smaller.jpg
    harvester-4-smaller.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 52
If I had a vote, I say it was your best yet Nathan. Looks heavy duty. I love the wood....how about some specs?

Very Nice. Did you use a spacer between the wood and the steel? It kinda looks like i can sorta see one, but maybe not. :cool: Why did you pick D2 for the blade? Is D2 a REAL Knife steel? :D

just pickin you know ;)

edit: also what kind of finish is on the wood?

Terry,yes there is a black spacer,D2 is a real knife steel ;) IMO one tried and true steels,it has been around along time,with the right Heat Treat it will hold it own agaist some of the new steels,D2 is my steel of choice I like tool steel,holds a wicked edge :)

The handle I worked down to a 600 grit and then buffed with white diamond
compound with sewn muslin buff.

Very cool Nathan. Another kick a** knife. I like the sharp, straight forward "point" (top line) of this one. Great work.

Damn Nathan, Very nice. I think this is top notch work my friend. I like the shape and user friendly size. Have you sold this one or is this all yours? I'd be tempted to hang on to this one :D

Thanks,No this one is sold,I still have enough wood to make another one with
this type of wood, :)

Scott, I spoke with Ted he and his wife are super people,I won't be able to make it this year,I am working on several differnt models of knives and building a web page.If all goes right with the money I am going to try to make it to the Blade in June.

I have my name on the list for a table,So I am going to be hard at it after Christmas :)

Definatly love the wood, and the overall shape/style should make for a very tough knife. Looks like you could punch through a steel fire door with that!

You don't come around enough Nathan, that's cool! I can see you've been busy. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see what you have up your sleave...

Back