New knife with new name?

Have you ever designed a custom knife for a customer and then let him name it? I'd love to see a knife called "The Bostonian"...LOL I know just the knife too. It would be the next one that I want you to make for me. If you'll make it. I know it takes allot, like having to make new jigs etc...

If you design it, Nick will usually ask what it should be called. Make it happen!

Bring it on Paul:D I'd be more than happy to make it just like T had already stated:thumbup:

Nick:)

I'd like to start by asking a question...What type of metal should I use? I will be using it everyday for cutting cardboard and paper so it would need to hold an edge good yet not be too difficult to resharpen with a lansky sharpener.

My first choice would be D-2. Probably my second and third choice too:D Though, O-1 and A-2 would do just as well. I just really like the fact that D-2 resists corrosion so well. Despite what many say, when any of those three steels are heat treated properly, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between any of them, in regards to edge holding.

Nick:)

I like O1 because it takes an awesome patina with use, I also find it easy to sharpen. But I have knives in A2 and D2 and both those steels are great too. You won't go wrong with a knife from Nick in any steel, he's a true craftsman and an artist in steel. Don't even get me started on how comfy his handles are!

What do you think of this? The top is the Cub that you sent me. The lower one is the same only smaller. The only thing that's not quite right is the back of the handle, the part furthest from the blade. It says 7/8". The 7/8" measurment is correct but the part that slopes down, I only want half of that. So the knife handle is 11/16" in the picture from top to bottom. The end of the knife, with slope, is 1" but I want 1/8 taken off the slope. The reason being is that the handle is allot smaller and won't reach the outside of my hand and the slope part might dig into my fingers. So I figured I'd take the slope down. I didn't want to get rid of it all together as I like the look.

Tell me what you think of it and if it's possible and what you'd change. The only thing not changeable is the size of the blade. I need the longest part of the blade to be just a hair under 3" as it is against the law to have anything bigger in RI and I'd like to be able to take it anywhere.

38644_1448984438969_1663971703

38644_1448984478970_1663971703

Back