New Knives - Cutting and more!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Here I am testing the edges of my recent batch for sharpness. :eek:
[video=youtube_share;R-zGpnJrXGE]http://youtu.be/R-zGpnJrXGE[/video]

I'm trying to show off the new batch here, it is pretty funny. :D
[video=youtube_share;ydi15VB3xt4]http://youtu.be/ydi15VB3xt4[/video]

NIOCE :D

Really like the S7 chopper with chisel tip and that edc brown g10.. hmmm I need to check my knife funds :)

I think another IPA is in order to celebrate the knife rainbow you had there on your deck railing :D

Good stuff :D :D

Good morning,

I'm the one that commissioned the S7 chisel point chopper. I don't post often, but I always check in, and I simply cannot say how I excited I've been watching it come together over the past couple weeks. It looks exactly like what I described to Daniel in email, which is a testament to his powers of deciphering, because I'm no wordsmith.

After seeing how sharp that thing is, I'm even more excited. I would have been embarrassed to have someone see my reactiwhile watching the video. I'm pretty sure I was squealing like a child.

Looks great Daniel. Thank you.

Collin

NIOCE :D

Really like the S7 chopper with chisel tip and that edc brown g10.. hmmm I need to check my knife funds :)

I think another IPA is in order to celebrate the knife rainbow you had there on your deck railing :D

Good stuff :D :D

Double knife rainbow!!! :D ( you have to see the double rainbow youtube video if this doesn't make sense :D )

More chisel tip choppers for sure! The one with the brown handle is hollow ground 1084 fg with a hard to find dark brown micarta. The steel is rough finished with a polished convex tip. Cool edge geometry on this one... the hollow grind is thinner behind the edge so it cuts with ease.

the extra-pointy 'dashi is still calling my name...

Please buy it, my dining room table might not make it too long with something that pointy on it! :D :p

awesome work Daniel

Thanks, I feel like each batch is getting a little better with progress.

Good morning,

I'm the one that commissioned the S7 chisel point chopper. I don't post often, but I always check in, and I simply cannot say how I excited I've been watching it come together over the past couple weeks. It looks exactly like what I described to Daniel in email, which is a testament to his powers of deciphering, because I'm no wordsmith.

After seeing how sharp that thing is, I'm even more excited. I would have been embarrassed to have someone see my reactiwhile watching the video. I'm pretty sure I was squealing like a child.

Looks great Daniel. Thank you.

Collin

It feels good to hear that, much appreciated! I'm really happy it turned out the way you wanted it, it was fun looking at the list of attributes and making it all work out. I think we came up with something completely unique and useful, tough to do with so many good designs out there... this one will be made again I know that!

Thanks!

It feels good to hear that, much appreciated! I'm really happy it turned out the way you wanted it, it was fun looking at the list of attributes and making it all work out. I think we came up with something completely unique and useful, tough to do with so many good designs out there... this one will be made again I know that!

Thanks!

Thank you! Not just for making a great looking knife, but for your thoughts on the design. It's nice to know someone else thinks the design will be useful...when you do something a little unconventional, it's always a wonder if you're just creating something stupid or something that will actually work. It's nice to hear you're thinking about making more of them.

Great looking batch Daniel, I like the push cut with chisel point!!:eek:

awesome videos, Daniel!
it's nice to see your knives in 3D :)

also, living in the city I cannot help but envy your backyard view...

awesome videos, Daniel!
it's nice to see your knives in 3D :)

also, living in the city I cannot help but envy your backyard view...

Thanks! Videos are my favorite way to show them off, you really get to see the way the knife looks.

I do love the view, lots of wildlife too... lets hope for minimal snow!

Back