New knives from Blade Show?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone purchased any new designs from Kizer at Blade Show? I found one or two pictures on Instagram; if anyone has any pictures of new knives can you post some pictures.

Don't think they were for sale yet, but the two I saw on IG were the Degs Kane XL and the Matt Cucchiara Bad Dog. I'll link some pics when I get to a computer later, on my smartphone now.

Don't think they were for sale yet, but the two I saw on IG were the Degs Kane XL and the Matt Cucchiara Bad Dog. I'll link some pics when I get to a computer later, on my smartphone now.

There was also a Ray Laconico small Jasmine collaboration piece as well.

Here is the Kane XL based on Matt Degnan's custom version. Should be available in a few months.

Degs%20Kizer%20Kane_zpseznqotsb.jpeg

And yes, Ray Laconico has 2 versions coming out soon, and Cucchiara has a couple more designs to go along with the Dorado and Flashbang. Ill try to remember to update this thread as I get info.

Thanks for the interest guys!

And yes, Ray Laconico has 2 versions coming out soon, and Cucchiara has a couple more designs to go along with the Dorado and Flashbang. Ill try to remember to update this thread as I get info.

Thanks for the interest guys!

If you don't mind me asking, what are the dimensions for your Kane XL? I'm loving everything about it right now, glad to see Kizer started doing steel inserts, just icing on the cake for their fantastic lock geometry.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the dimensions for your Kane XL? I'm loving everything about it right now, glad to see Kizer started doing steel inserts, just icing on the cake for their fantastic lock geometry.

Well, I haven't had it in hand yet (this week I'll have one) but the dimensions I provided them was the same as my custom version. 3 3/4" blade at 4mm thick (roughly .156) and the same for the handle thickness. The steel is S35V and has ceramic bearings. From what Ray has told me (he has his prototypes) they have PERFECT flipping action.

Well, I haven't had it in hand yet (this week I'll have one) but the dimensions I provided them was the same as my custom version. 3 3/4" blade at 4mm thick (roughly .156) and the same for the handle thickness. The steel is S35V and has ceramic bearings. From what Ray has told me (he has his prototypes) they have PERFECT flipping action.

Sounds like a great package overall to me, I've been wanting to get another Kizer buth most of the designs didn't click. This one and Ray's look fantastic.

Ray Laconico just posted this image on Instagram.

Top one is the Intrepid, bottom is the Fortunado. Both look pretty sick!

IMG_20150610_131904_zpsl3vudclo.jpg

I assume these also have the steel lock bar insert like the Kane XL? Of course, ceramic bearings and torx pivot?

That Fortunado looks like a 3" FFG blade! Nice!

I assume these also have the steel lock bar insert like the Kane XL? Of course, ceramic bearings and torx pivot?

He hasn't specified yet, but I believe that to be the case.

He hasn't specified yet, but I believe that to be the case.

He replied in a IG comment, the steel inserts are a go!

These might be my two most anticipated production knives in a long time. The best part is that these apparently will be available soon. Which is good, because the wait will be insufferable.

Yes, that is the case as far as ceramic bearings, Torx and lock bar inserts/overtravel stops.

(There is also talk of Linerlock versions)

Last edited:
Yes, that is the case as far as ceramic bearings, Torx and lock bar inserts/overtravel stops.

(There is also talk of Linerlock versions for Ray's as well as mine)

hnnnnng.jpg

I'm dying over here. These are going to be awesome!

Thanks for posting the picture. I cannot wait to see reviews about these knives. they both look awesome!

How much will these cost? And where/when is the release date?

None of that info has been released yet. All pics thus far are simply prototypes. I'd imagine we will see prices and release dates in a month or so.

[video=youtube;VtC6W7n8nKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtC6W7n8nKc[/video]

BladeHQ posted a video showing their new models, apparently the comments section was so brutal on the last one about William's English that they got a BladeHQ employee to try and show off the new models. A lot of them look really attractive, I'm very excited for their lineup this year.

Last edited:
Back