New (larger) Gunhammer in the works

Just wanted to let you guys know that there will be a larger Gunhammer coming out soon. This comes from Darrel's mouth himself. It will sport a 3.9 inch blade in what I suspect to be s30v or s35vn. Standard blade configurations should be available. Radian recurve, bowie, and spear point.

I'll post more information as I get it.

EDIT (just because people tend to read the first post and then skip to the last page and read a few posts which makes many people misniformed): Laying it out right here on this first post. The 4 inch Gunhammer will be 5-600 bucks. The frames are titanium. 600 bucks is most likely for a damascus version. The blades will come in bowie, speer point, and radian recurve. There will be an assisted option available as well.

Last edited:
Just wanted to let you guys know that there will be a larger Gunhammer coming out soon. This comes from Darrel's mouth himself. It will sport a 3.9 inch blade in what I suspect to be s30v or s35vn. Standard blade configurations should be available. Radian recurve, bowie, and spear point.

I'll post more information as I get it.

I'll take one! Good show Darrel - hallelujah, a 4" HTM Gun Hammer!!! :thumbup: :D :D

(I hope that's hat we're talking about)

We are working on them .
They are being stress relieved at the Heat treat today.
It will be later in the year guys.
Hang in there!

Hell yes. Put me down for one too! Bowie blade, black DLC, black handle with assisted opening!

Is there a price estimate on the new 4-inch Gun Hammers? I wanna know how much I need to scrape together.

(thanks for the heads-up harkamus!)

Last edited:
I wanted to see if anyone knew of a an approximate price estimate on the upcoming 4" Gun Hammer. This will be another guilty indulgence, and I need to know how much money to put aside for it. :thumbup:

Thanks, guys!

drevil.jpg

All kidding aside, I'm hoping for something comparable to the roughly 270-300 USD cost of the GH2.

This is going to be my first HTM DDR knife.

They look fantastic in video reviews, and I've heard a lot of good things about them. I've also seen the seriousness with which Mr. Ralph himself handles concerns with his knives here in this forum - and that inspires confidence. It is definitely to his credit.

They are fantastic. I've got one of the radian blade versions, which has supplanted all my other knives as my main EDC. I'd really like to get a Bowie version. Sadly, I'm not allowed a 4" blade here.

You say that now. But once you have one, you're going to want more...

Heh, I don't doubt it. I have the ability to develop powerful obsessions.

I've been looking over all of DR's designs, and I really love how they look. I can't wait to get my hands on a real specimen and see if it suits me. I am very particular about how my knives draw, how they feel in the hand, how they cut, and how they hold up to work and abuse. I'm just at that point in my knife collecting career where I am slowly whittling down my collection to knives I use on a regular basis. No more safe queens.

I've been looking over all of DR's designs, and I really love how they look.

There are only a handful of custom knife makers that have their own unique look IMO. Darrel is one of them. You can always tell apart a DDR. Todd Begg knives are another example of knives with their own style. I'd rank Brian Tighe up there as well.

I'm still waiting to hear from Darrel about a ball park price on the 4 inch Gunny btw.

Back