NEW MEMBER THREAD! If you're new to the forum post it here.

Ken C.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Staff member
Super Mod
While we love having new members join Bladeforums.com the overwhelming amount of "New Member Introduction" threads has dropped the most responded to and watched threads to the bottom of the page or the 2nd page.

So, with that said I'd like to ask that all new members to post an introduction in THIS THREAD ONLY! Please don't start a separate thread. Those of you who recently became new members and posted already will have their threads left open and they will not be merged with this one.

Some helpful tips for new members:

1. Read the BFC rules BEFORE you post anything!

https://www.bladeforums.com/help/site-rules/

2. Read the Community Center Guidelines BEFORE you post anything!.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ing-community-center-rules-guidelines.309009/

3. Read The Exchange rules BEFRE posting anything!

https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

If you have any questions you can reach out to any Moderator or Super Moderator for help.

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Greetings all. Old-timers (like me) remember growing up with Barlow knives, Canoes, and others in their pockets even at young ages. Then you get older, married, work, and life happens. Old age has it's benefits though, and free time means knives in the woods. So the past 2 years have sparked a renewed interest in knives for me. I am certainly a "noob" when it comes to some aspects of this hobby, but I joined this forum for the sole purpose of learning, and I appreciate how the mods discourage the flaming and insults that make the internet suck. (See, new people do read some rules.)
I'm pleased to be here.

TLDR: Lurking member who generally keeps his mouth shut and his ears open. Loves the woods, loves knives, and finally has the free time in life to enjoy them.

Hi. I just joined. I am in Southern AZ. I collect various knives. Right now, I am waiting on a Puma White Hunter in the mail.
That's one of my grail knives. Almost bought one in my twenties and I'm kicking myself for the past 10 years I didn't. Especially with the prices I've seen on the decent examples recently!

Hello all!

Been a knife user for as long as I can remember. Graduated from cheap crap to Kershaw many years ago, which I still have. Got into Benchmade a few years ago, then Spyderco this past year. Most recent purchases were a couple Protechs. And now, like many, I'm off the deep end wanting the never available knifes.

I'm sure joining here will only help said deep dive, lol.

Hi guys,

This is Ron from the Netherlands. Knife-addict for quite a few years. Unfortunately had to sell most of my knives about a year ago but getting 'back in business' now and start all over. Still having 4 Grips (551-1 and 551 plus 2 mini-Grips), 2 Spydies (Para 3 and PM2) , 2 Coldsteel (American Lawman, Superedge), an Izula, a SOG Flash 2, some SAK's and now awaiting the new Benchmade Bugout 535-3.

Love to see your pocketdumps, try to do my part en post some pics of my EDC-stuff.

Hello all!
My name is T.J. and I joined today. I’ve lurked for a while and this place seems like a great forum to discuss knives. I currently own about 45-50 knives, mostly Spyderco. I live in New York City and I’ve been collecting knives since last August when I started with a SAK. This hobby has bitten me pretty hard. My collection ranges from Ontario Rat’s up to a Norseman and Herman. Glad to be here!

Hello all I just want to introduce myself. I have been collecting knives for a long time and I have over 100, many decent, average grade factory knives with some higher end hand made. My favorite factory knife brand is Cold Steel. I have around twenty of their knives ranging from inexpensive to higher end. I also like Scandi grinds and have my share of Mora and Marttinni. I would say that my knowledge of knives is average, however I recently decided to learn more about steel types so I bought a book called Knife Engineering by Dr. Larrin Thomas. It is pretty technical but that is what I wanted. I have other, less technical but still very informative books so I started with those to get the basics and now I am moving on to the more technical. After I read it I should be proficient in metallurgy as far as knife blades are concerned. Anyway I am looking forward to interacting in the forums. Thanks for reading.

Hi all. I’m a long-standing member of other active online communities (high-security lockpicking mainly), but I’m just getting into the online knife world. I’m here to learn a few things and maybe share a few things.

Knives and tomahawks have been near and dear to my heart since I was a kid. I have a few, I’d like a few more. I wouldn’t consider myself a collector, but I’m no stranger to higher-end knives/tools/gear.

As far as business dealings are concerned, I believe it’s disrespectful to delay payment on something I’ve agreed to purchase, so I pay quickly. I’ve been bitten a few times as buyer (and a few as seller), but for the most part my interactions within my other communities has been generally positive. I understand what quality costs and I don’t mind paying real money for good tools.

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to interacting with you.

anyone who has a mora will have a home here :)
its always always good to know
of another cold steel man signing up
to get on board!
i predict that you would fit in just fine.
so, a huge welcome to bf!!
its a real good start simply by reading up on matters related to the hobby.
enjoy your sessions here!

1. The Big Book of Knives: Everything about Mankind's Most Important Tool

After I read it I should be proficient in metallurgy as far as knife blades are concerned.
Outstanding. Perhaps someone on this forum will finally be able to tell us what the best steel is!!!

I jest of course.....it is just a topic that rears its head once or twice a month (week?) somewhere on this forum, and leads to some interesting discussion much along the lines of the perpetual Ford vs. Chevy debate.

Welcome to the madness!!!

P.S. FORD.

anyone who has a mora will have a home here :)
its always always good to know
of another cold steel man signing up
to get on board!
i predict that you would fit in just fine.
so, a huge welcome to bf!!
its a real good start simply by reading up on matters related to the hobby.
enjoy your sessions here!

1. The Big Book of Knives: Everything about Mankind's Most Important Tool's Most Important Tool

Gee thanks you had to find something else to make my wallet leap out of my pocket! Of course I had to order the book. I got a "like new" copy for $25 on Amazon which is better than $39 at least. But seriously it looks like a great book and I love to read about knives. Looking forward to it.

Back