• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

New Microtech Knives - Blade Show 2013

gte217e

Dealer / Materials Provider
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we posted some knives from Blade Show 2013.
We have our camera and computer set up in the hotel room to bring you these knives as soon as possible.

My favorite are the fixed Socom Alphas!! I absolutely love them.
Production DOC flippers are also available!

Blade Show 2013

Email or call with any questions!

And for those who we met there, it was a pleasure!

-Dave
Hollow Grind

Awesome! The flipping action on the DOCs are amazing for such a hefty blade.

Super hyped. Just picked up the stonewashed Prod. Flipper. The blade looks like it has nice grind lines.

Dave, will microtech still have a G-10 version coming out or is the aluminum handle going to be the production version. Do you know if the "nightmare-ish" style grind will be on all the production models or is this a special blade show batch?

Dave,

Can you tell me what this is: "2013 Blade Magazine Most Innovative American Design of the year: Microtech DOC Killswitch." I googled it and nothing comes up.

Thanks

Martook, I'm not positive but I think it's the "DOT" not "DOC". Still haven't found any info for you yet though.

Fender0942, thanks for the input. That's curious. The quote that I posted above was from a tweet from BladeHQ and was copied directly. Now I did see another tweet from someone else that used the term "DOT", but I thought that was a typo.:confused:

I'm just surprised that there isn't any information on either name, especially on something that just won an award at Blade Show 2013.

The Killswitch model (it is labeled DOC on the box, not DOT), is awesome.
I will take a photo of it tomorrow night to post.

It looks like the basic DOC model with full carbon fiber handle. The button looks more like a small safety.
You hold the knife, press the blade in, and with your thumb, you can rotate the button forward or back depending on how you want to engage the safety.
There are red and white dots showing safe and fire. Then in fire mode, you just press the button.

Maybe I'll make a video to show its operation. I didn't have one on my order before the show because Hank just described it as "Auto only" and made no mention on the safety operation; which I thought was very .... innovative. So as soon as I saw it, I knew I needed to pick one up. The next day, it wins the most innovative award.

Dave, thanks for the description. It sounds mighty interesting. I'm looking forward to whatever you can show us on it.

So It is a "DOC". Sorry for the bad info. I read it on Oso knives and they list it DOT. Either way sounds awesome.

Dave,

Are the CF scales you mentioned going to be on the production knife, or is the one you picked up a show special?

Back