new mini CUDA

How strong/reliable is the CUDA? I'm thinking about getting one of the new mini CUDA that have just hit the KnifeCenter, but I need to make sure it;s a knife that will last a long time. How strong is the lockup, how smooth the action? I heard people having doubts about the buttons, but they don't look very weak at all to me, then again i never handled one...

any info welcome!

My experience and simple economic reasoning both argue that the CUDA is reliable.

My experience is that, after some rumors about CUDAs folding up at the wrong time, I was unable to duplicate the rumored behavior.

Economic reasoning says that Camillus, even if somehow otherwise unconcerned with product quality (an unlikely scenario), will work hard to avoid the liability costs and reputation damage of an unreliable knife.

[This message has been edited by Athanatos (edited 07 March 1999).]

carry one every day and actually use it in the construction trades.one heck of a knife.going to buy one of the mini's on monday when i can reach my supplier.you will not be disappointed if you purchase one

I have a CUDA and really like it. I have never had a problem with the knife but it would probably clog if you got a lot of dirt or debris into it.

Tim,
The Camillus Lifetime Warranty should help dispel any fears you have. You have a problem with a CUDA, we fix it Period!

Back