New Mk2 in the house...

xyrium

Gold Member
So, after a lengthy debate with my wallet, I broke down and picked up a Mk2 last week. Though the attached is the photo from the day I received it, it's been put to work already in doing some light batoning. The feel of this handle is really nice. I have medium hands (medium gloves) and it feels right at home.

Thanks to those who helped me choose it!IMG_4192[1].JPG

Congrats man, a fine blade indeed.

Thanks guys, I look forward to really givin' 'er all I've got. Totally digging the sigs here too.

That's a great choice! I assume we'll be seeing some more in-the-field pics?

Gmoney': Hah hah, indeed you will. Whether it's just batoning a few logs for the firepit at home, or dicing rope to tarp off a dry area to play cards and feathering some kindling at the campsite this fall.

Tanker: Hell yes brother!

The MK2 has become one of my favorite blades. The size is extremely versatile, the iconic Becker handle is, of course, just awesome, and though the blade is some form of a drop point, it is rather close to a spear point, which I tend to favor for a lot of reasons. It is just a great knife and paired with a BK-9 or something larger, you will own the woods.

I hope you end up liking the blade, I am definitely looking forward to seeing you put it to work!

Here are a few pics of mine:

g2mzLDw.jpg

8e6Y4bJ.jpg

Y9P95hp.jpg

Fc4iwsU.jpg

Hbnyp5W.jpg

Oh hell yes, that's a properly used tool right there. Thank you for those photos! Now I'm wondering if Rowan moved to stamping ink on the blades for the number and naming instead of engraving. I don't recall the identifiers being recessed on mine...will have to check when I get home tonight!

Oh hell yes, that's a properly used tool right there. Thank you for those photos! Now I'm wondering if Rowan moved to stamping ink on the blades for the number and naming instead of engraving. I don't recall the identifiers being recessed on mine...will have to check when I get home tonight!

The logos were etched by 91bravo 91bravo before he sent it to me. So if you plan on stripping the paint off the blade, put some etchant on the logos first. Or you can do it regardless of paint removal.

Ahh, good stuff, thanks. I don't plan on stripping the blade intentionally, but I also don't plan on stopping it from happening naturally. :D

That's some nice work you did there 91bravo!

The MK2 has become one of my favorite blades. The size is extremely versatile, the iconic Becker handle is, of course, just awesome, and though the blade is some form of a drop point, it is rather close to a spear point, which I tend to favor for a lot of reasons. It is just a great knife and paired with a BK-9 or something larger, you will own the woods.

I hope you end up liking the blade, I am definitely looking forward to seeing you put it to work!

Here are a few pics of mine:

g2mzLDw.jpg

8e6Y4bJ.jpg

Y9P95hp.jpg

Fc4iwsU.jpg

Hbnyp5W.jpg

LOVE those pics!!!

Back