New NWA

Just a quick post to show off my new knife that arrived yesterday, just in time for a campout this weekend with my son. Nick worked with me to get the handle just right. This black and tan burlap from Shadetree turned out better than I hoped. I can't explain in words how happy I am with this knife. My daughter made fun of my reaction when I pulled it out of the package last night. The handle size/feel is perfect. The balance is perfect. The handle feels like an extension. I can't wait to try it out this weekend. Others have commented on Nick's attention to detail, fit and finish, and service, and they are all top notch. Well, here are a couple shots.

4428680215_7d3be7d860.jpg

4428677385_9a4148ae40_b.jpg

Steve

That black and tan looks great! I really like the look and feel of the burlap on my recent NWA.

That is sweet. I have some of that black and tan Burlap micarta on a knife and it is pretty slick looking.

Glad you like it :thumbup: That handle material is pretty cool too. Hope your weekend trip was a good one.

Thanks
Nick:)

Just a quick post to show off my new knife that arrived yesterday, just in time for a campout this weekend with my son. Nick worked with me to get the handle just right. This black and tan burlap from Shadetree turned out better than I hoped. I can't explain in words how happy I am with this knife. My daughter made fun of my reaction when I pulled it out of the package last night. The handle size/feel is perfect. The balance is perfect. The handle feels like an extension. I can't wait to try it out this weekend. Others have commented on Nick's attention to detail, fit and finish, and service, and they are all top notch. Well, here are a couple shots.

4428680215_7d3be7d860.jpg

4428677385_9a4148ae40_b.jpg

Steve

SWEET!

What a great looking knife. I am very glad to know how happy you are with it.

Nick makes a great knife and I find it rewarding to play a small part in making it all happen.

What model is that knife? Specs. Looks like a LEK with a longer blade. Love the handle material.

Last edited:
What model is that knife? Specs. Looks like a LEK with a longer blade. Love the handle material.

It is a 5/32" thick, 5" long LEK. I also had nick add 1/8" of width to the bottom of the handle.

SWEET!

What a great looking knife. I am very glad to know how happy you are with it.

Nick makes a great knife and I find it rewarding to play a small part in making it all happen.

Man am I glad I took a chance on that material without seeing it on a knife. I think I like it better than the natural.

Glad you like it :thumbup: That handle material is pretty cool too. Hope your weekend trip was a good one.

Thanks
Nick:)

Thanks, my weekend was nice, although a bit rainy. I used the knife to make several tent stakes and slice up a banana for my PB & banana sandwich.. amoung other things. It performs as well as it looks!:D

Back