new package from Mer

Just got my 42 back from Mer after some pretty significant tweaking and it looks like a totally new knife.

The blasted handles add to the grippyness and they don't get sweaty and slippery anymore.

Also, the blade is incredibly well polished and shiny.

The blade had some pretty serious scratches in it from me being careless while trying to round off the back it with a grinder...:rolleyes: ... but those are all totally gone now!!!

He also polished my handle and latch screws and they look incredible set against the bead blast handles.

Lastly, and most importantly in terms of flipping, he added some nice thick washers to take up the gap between the handles and blade.

This is about as close to a custom knife as my budget will allow right now and I am totally ecstatic(sp?) about the way it came out.

Overall: A++

What, no pics??

Anyway, that sounds like another very nice work from Mer.
You go, Mer! :D

btw, ecstatic is correct. :)

Ah, I see. Very nice.
Please try to post some pics, if that's possible for you.
I'm curious on those polished pins. :D

If my 43 comes back (from BM) as crappy as it did this last time it's going straight to Eric to have the very same thing done. I love BB against mirror polish. I would however like to see pics of yours because of those pins. If you can of course.

My friend is getting his scanner on Friday but I'm working all day. I will scan it saturday afternoon and try to post it then.

Originally posted by Mykl Clark
If my 43 comes back as crappy as it did this last time
Uh? Something I missed? What's this all about?

My friend is getting his scanner on Friday but I'm working all day. I will scan it saturday afternoon and try to post it then.
Excellent! Looking forward to it. :)

Nothing serious...I sent it (and my 42as) back to BM for warranty work and they forgot to repair either of them. The conditions are so bad they are completly inusable( is that a word?).

Damn, that sucks.
icon13.gif

Sue 'em. ;) :p
icon10.gif

nah nurse Angie is taking personal care of me and my two little babies so I'm sure they'll return to me just fine. It's just good to know there is another option out there if I need it.
(Yes, I'm too lazy to post a new post... ;) :D) Yupp, that sure is true.
Gee, I wonder how many really takes their bali, break one of the handles on purpose and say (loudly, so everyone will hear it): "Oh no! I broke one of my bali handles! Now it's useless! I guess I have to send it to Mer for some rehandling job...... :rolleyes:' :D

My bali could really use some new handles, but then again, I could really use a new bali. ;) A REAL one.

nah nurse Angie is taking personal care of me and my two little babies so I'm sure they'll return to me just fine. It's just good to know there is another option out there if I need it.

I broke my Bear handle on purpose so I could send it to Mer, but then I realized I have no money, so it's sitting in my drawer now.

Yoda: That sounded like a well considered thoroughly thought... ;) (Was that sequence of words valid at all?? I mostly took word by word out of the dictionary.. ;) :confused: )

Originally posted by ixpfah
Yoda: That sounded like a well considered thoroughly thought... ;) (Was that sequence of words valid at all?? I mostly took word by word out of the dictionary.. ;) :confused: )

it doesn't sound like it makes since however your English could well be better than mine.

The Bear was cracked at the fork, I just finished it off so I had more evidence to present to my mom regarding spending $100 on more knives.

Lol, Yoda. 'Desperado'. ;)

Anyway, what I was trying to say earlier, was that you couldn't have put a lot of effort and thought in your plan about sending your broken Bear to Mer, since you suddenly - after you broke it - found out that you couldn't afford it. ;)

Ix just giving you a hard time. Honestly Yoda I bought a BM 259 just to break and send the blade to Mer. It was fun:D

Gee, I wonder how many really takes their bali, break one of the handles on purpose and say (loudly, so everyone will hear it): "Oh no! I broke one of my bali handles! Now it's useless! I guess I have to send it to Mer for some rehandling job...... :rolleyes:' :D
Originally posted by Mr YODA
I broke my Bear handle on purpose so I could send it to Mer, but then I realized I have no money, so it's sitting in my drawer now.
Originally posted by Mykl Clark
Honestly Yoda I bought a BM 259 just to break and send the blade to Mer. It was fun :D
I knew there was a few! :D

Good for you Yoda.., sounds like a neat knife that returned home from Eric...Congrats!!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

I think you need to move the adverb so it looks like this:
"That sounded like a thoroughly well considered thought..."
or
"That sounded like a thought thoroughly well considered ..."
or
"That sounded like a thought well considered thoroughly..."
BLING!

I'm just trying to show off :) English isn't my strong point. I probably screwed them all up! hahaha!!!

Oh, and if you want to get a good laugh out of poor english (besides reading my presious posts :) then visit www.engrish.com

and to stay on topic,
I really wan't to have my 42 fixed up by Mer! and my Jag, and my 47, and my other jag... and... and ..................and I need more balisongs :)

Shrubba

Back