New Prototype Non-locking Euro Flipper

Here's what I believe is a new non-locking design (At least I don't think it's been done before). Hopefully it will work for people in certain European countries where they are prohibited from carrying a locking folder. The blade is also just under 3" which meets most requirements. The mechanism is new to me so it needs to be tested. I'll be carrying this knife for a while as well as having some people try it out. Let me know what you guys think.

[video=youtube_share;HFalXstZs9g]http://youtu.be/HFalXstZs9g[/video]

S7302475_zpsfcf776b7.jpg

S7302476_zps0f5eed4c.jpg

S7302473_zpsd53a7a07.jpg

Last edited:
The action on that looks insane!

I agree with rycen, this thing is insane, now I want one of these too!
Congrats Ray, if you keep pulling magic like this from your hat I'm going to go nuts.
I'm sure it's going to be another hit, not only the action seems great but even the looks are awesome !

Thanks. I'm not real happy with how i did the mechanism as a flipper. I showed it to someone and he had a hard time flipping it. Also the open retention is a bit weak. It was fun to make but I don't think I'll be making another.

Thanks. I'm not real happy with how i did the mechanism as a flipper. I showed it to someone and he had a hard time flipping it. Also the open retention is a bit weak. It was fun to make but I don't think I'll be making another.

I was actually getting very curious on how retention could hold up to your standards, anyway....a nice little treat.
Now that I know that you're not making another one of these I feel relieved and stick with your other flippers I have on my want list...... by the way, have you received my Pm ?

I guess it's back to the drawing board to improve the retention when open.

I was going to volunteer to take one for the team and test it out.

Back