New sheath for NWA 4" Scout from forum member

othello32

Gold Member
I also posted this over at the Wilderness and Survival forum.

I recently posted a request on this forum for someone able to make a new kydex sheath for one of my favorite knives: NWA 4" Scout. After a recent hike using a backpack with waistbelt, I realized it was very uncomfortable (impossible) to wear this knife with its included leather sheath on my belt. Now, if you are familiar with Nick's knives you know his leather sheaths are amazing :thumbup: and I love mine for day hikes when I have no waist belt.

Second, I really liked ESEE's use of a detachable pouch for their knives. So, I ordered one of their pouches in OD green and put everything in a box for Steelnut. I told him I wanted a sheath which is completely modular, includes a drop leg feature (something he's know for), includes a fire steel holder and allows me to attach the ESEE pouch (large enough for a Altoid tin survival kit). No easy task, but here are the amazing results :D

First is the knife and NWA leather sheath:
NWA2.jpg

The next picture is the parts of the new sheath from Steelnut and a series of photos putting the pieces together:
SheathParts.jpg

Just knife and sheath...the holes allow for a Tek-Lok or clips:
Sheath1.jpg

Knife and drop leg:
SheathDrop.jpg

Knife, drop leg, and firesteel:
SheathFire.jpg

And finally, the whole kit put together:
SheathFull.jpg

I'm very, very happy about this sheath and kit. The ability to take it all apart and use what I need for each trip into the woods is fantastic. The workmanship is very good, simple and to the point. Knife retention is similar to Nick's leather sheath. Thank you Steelnut for a great product and excellent service!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Looks great!:thumbup: Thanks for posting too:) The new sheath really looks cool, and will add a lot of different carrying options.

Very nicely done.
Nick

I commented on your thread in W&SS, but I'll add here that the ability to add or remove the pouch is great :thumbup:

You reminded me to post a thread on my kydex sheath here in Nick's sub. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back