New Sheath, Old Becker

Moosez45

Custom Antlers, Factory Knives...
I ordered a new sheath for my BK2 from Dale aka t-k-c, at the Knife Connection. Its a pre molle back/pouch setup from ESEE knives.

100_1774.jpg

OD is my favorite Earthtone color, and it matches most of my gear. Nice tight fit, friction occurs on the primary grind shoulder, which keeps the edge from rubbing the insert. No more dulling of the edge on the draw.

100_1780.jpg

It has a 3 piece foldover belt loop/d ring loop that sticks to the velco on my WT Riggers belt, and then folds over 2 ways. Perfect and great retention.

100_1778.jpg

I really like the 2 snap at the top setup, its a little tight, but it will loosen. Also not the new patina on my BK2, just something I was working on a couple of days ago.

100_1776.jpg

Nice tight pocket closure, and it comes with a blanked out tin. I will be building my kit for this tonight or tomorrow, more to come on that.

100_1781.jpg

100_1783.jpg

Molle strap double snaps in at the back bottom, and the shock strap for leg tie down passes through. Note the insert screw at the bottom also.

100_1782.jpg

All in all, one BA sheath, I can't wait to take it out this weekend. I was going to head out tomorrow, but Lady wants to come with, so, I will be leaving this weekend. Also, I took a bad spill on some ice and concrete steps, so, I'm still a little tender.

Love this sheath and there are more of them instock, if you were looking for a new ride.

Moose

Nice ride. The snap loops don't look adjustable, though they do seem to fit just fine. Wonder if I could stretch 'em across the slightly blockier Camillus micarta scales.

Nice. I was looking into one of those for my Crewman, looks like it would be a perfect fit :thumbup:

Thanks for that Moose, I do like the looks of that...green is after all my favorite color :)

Thats damn nice, I like black myself and they have it also......

Thanks for the review :thumbup:

purty, amusingly, it reminds me a lot of the old school Becker Patrol Pack i got recently, also in OD (so many pocketses)

i'm sure that sheath would strap on real nice to my pack ;) perhaps i should look into getting one.

i hear ESEE also makes knives? should look into that too :)

purty, amusingly, it reminds me a lot of the old school Becker Patrol Pack i got recently, also in OD (so many pocketses)

i'm sure that sheath would strap on real nice to my pack ;) perhaps i should look into getting one.

i hear ESEE also makes knives? should look into that too :)

I heard ESEE knives are only for throwing, so you might look for somthing else.

Nice pics moose.. at first I thought you had a super white blanket, but that there is snow !!!:D how purdy..

that's kewl your wife wants to go with you.. I like winter outings myself, easier conditions in which to sleep:D

nice sheath btw, I guess you don't like your leather wet:D?

ESEE doesn't make knives Rowen does.. "o)

I was seriously about to look up the knife connection to check the price on these when I remember I don't have a BK2. Must get off internetz for a while. :rolleyes: :(

I was seriously about to look up the knife connection to check the price on these when I remember I don't have a BK2. Must get off internetz for a while. :rolleyes: :(

Holy s4it, that made me laff out loud. Good stuff, really good stuff. Well, I would say you could remedy both of those issues on the internetz.

Moose

Hey Moose, real nice lookin setup there. Use it well bro and do becareful of that ICE its hard on the Arss...:D

moose,

I'm new here and just purchased my first Becker bk2.

how much for that sheath setup? i looked on tkc website and it wasnt on there.

Hey Quarter Tank, to find those sheaths on tkc you have to go to the ESEE knives section, there is a link on the page for ESEE sheaths and accessories. The prices are listed there also,hope this helps you out.

moose,

I'm new here and just purchased my first Becker bk2.

how much for that sheath setup? i looked on tkc website and it wasnt on there.

Welcome, and good first Becker knife. I loves me some BK2. It is an ESEE 5 sheath, and they are on TKC under said maker, under sheaths. I can't post a link because its deal spotting and not permitted, but they cost about as much as the knife does. Make sure you have email on and I can get the info to you that way though.

Congrats on the purchase, welcome to the Beckerforums, and Bladeforums, we are glad you are here.

Moose

Do those dual handle loops get on your nerves, Moose? That's the only grip I've got with that style of sheath, too many manipulations to access the knife.

So far, I'm liking them. I can undo them with one hand, pretty easy. I like it because it keeps the handle tight against my body, I hate it when you get a knife thats hilt heavy like the BK2 that wants to lean out away for the belt.

Snapping them is pretty tough right now, mostly because its not broke in yet. The insert is a tight fit, and honestly, the snaps are just kinda redundant really, but I like them. If they get in the way, I'll take a stitch ripper and take one of them off, but you talk about a sheath that will keep your knife with you, its the one to have. I am just about finished with the kit now too, I just need to get a few things that I don't have already, but so far so good.

Moose

Back