New Shock Video//SnodyKnives Shop Tour//Ghetto Gear 2009//Live From Texas April 20th

Snody

Maker of Fine Knives & Leather Goods
Greetings Friends

Thanks for visiting the New Forum...

New 2009 SnodyKnives Shop Tour Video..

Thanks for Supporting SnodyKnives...
[youtube]Nd8G7uTHt5o[/youtube]

that was very cool.. i need a dust collection system like that,, but in a 60' x 100' shop i can get away with a little more dust.. again.. So cool.. thanks for sharing..

Nice tour! I think one of those blades had my name on it ;). Oh, and I did see that axe too. Very nice.

Great shop setup ! Thanks for sharing.

Mike needs a couple more drills though. :D

Snody said:
We keep bread, man, we gotta keep toasters.

That's the most righteous thing I've heard in years. :thumbup:

Hell, excellent sig line material !

Nice looking.

Hey I have a suggestion that you guys could do one day. How about you take us through one of the knives from start to finish, and show us a little clip of how you use some of those machines. I, personally don't know much about how any of those work, and would find a small demonstration very interesting.

If not, no big deal, just an idea for a future video.

Pretty sweet vid, man! Thanks for sharing! I miss all of the cutting/grinding/polishing equipment I used to play with back when I worked for Morris Yachts. I got to play with all the scrap when I was on break. :D

Nice looking.

Hey I have a suggestion that you guys could do one day. How about you take us through one of the knives from start to finish, and show us a little clip of how you use some of those machines. I, personally don't know much about how any of those work, and would find a small demonstration very interesting.

If not, no big deal, just an idea for a future video.

Thanks Man.

Thats a smoking idea...

I would like to produce a video such as you are describing..

I think my next production will be a work in progress..

Thanks again for contributions.

We just built this place from the ground up and every post is really important.

Stay safe out there...

Great shop setup ! Thanks for sharing.

Mike needs a couple more drills though. :D

Snody said:
We keep bread, man, we gotta keep toasters.

That's the most righteous thing I've heard in years. :thumbup:

Hell, excellent sig line material !

Mike has a way with words, no doubt. This video was a blast to make. We were also blessed with great food and weather. :D

Sweet set-up!
When I get some money(real money that is) I hope to have a set-up 1/5 as nice(probably won't have quite so many drill presses!:D).

Sweet set-up!
When I get some money(real money that is) I hope to have a set-up 1/5 as nice(probably won't have quite so many drill presses!:D).

It's taken a few years to amass all the tools Mike uses to create his legal tender. :D

great video. I really like seeing the shop. I kept worrying that you were going to get a shirt or finger caught in one of the machines while you were mugging for the camera. I bet that 10hp grinder would tear your whole hand off if you got it caught.

I have spend quite a few years working with all kinds of gnarly dangerous equipment in my younger years. I am always nervous to see other people around it for some reason.

great video. I really like seeing the shop. I kept worrying that you were going to get a shirt or finger caught in one of the machines while you were mugging for the camera. I bet that 10hp grinder would tear your whole hand off if you got it caught.

I have spend quite a few years working with all kinds of gnarly dangerous equipment in my younger years. I am always nervous to see other people around it for some reason.

Thanks Friend.

Much Appreciated.

Words of wisdom regarding machine safety.

I worked as a Safety Consultant for Exxon Co. for 20 years, travelling the US, Russia and Japan.

I provided code compliance/enforcement on large construction projects.

I was fortunate, we had some broken bones and equipment damage but no serious loss time injuries.

In fact I only had a couple incidents that were recordable.

(Roanoke Va) One guy got third degree burns on his cod sack while leaning over the muffler on a huge concrete saw (he had to wear a large diaper to work for about a week and make two trips a day to the doctor for suave .)

(Roanoke Va)One guy cut off the end of his finger trying to make a hole in his hardhat with a large knife (he wanted to wear headphones and listen to rap music while working)

(Greensbororo NC)One guy got his nose ring infected (we were cleaning sludge from 4 million gallon Above Ground Storage Tanks and the sludge got in the piercing and created massive infection)

(Yushno Sakalinski)One guy dropped an old school portable X-ray machine in a ditch full of water and created quite the incident. I was picking up nearly 10 mr with my meter from over 60 yards away.

Its dangerous out there..

Have a great day and thanks for participating in my forum..

I appreciate it Dawg....

DOOD, whats in the fridege man!?!?! ;)

That was a great viedo. I like to see the shop and the tools that go into it all.

Question, what brand of belts do you use, and what grits? Are mostly all 2x72?
Man, 10hp for a grinder, that will get some hoggin done!

DOOD, whats in the fridege man!?!?! ;)

That was a great viedo. I like to see the shop and the tools that go into it all.

Question, what brand of belts do you use, and what grits? Are mostly all 2x72?
Man, 10hp for a grinder, that will get some hoggin done!

Thanks Bro..

I really appreciate your post...

Belts,,,I use 3m and Trizact.

Starting with the Ceramic 977 in 36 grit (2x72) and working to a Trizact A16.

Holler at me anytime....361 443 0161

The Fridge...I am going to shoot a new video showing the contents...

Snodman---The cool thing is---you're lined up. I mean the shop is tight, no squeaks!! :thumbup:
THAT'S Organization!!

Sweet,, thanks for the info! What grit is the A16?

It's pretty awsome that you can ask a question and get an aswer stright from the man!!
Look forward to the inside of the fridge:D

Back