New SnG Pictures. Functional Art?

Well, I played around with my camera earlier and took a few pics of some SnG's. 3 of them show the older and newer models in various "poses". 1 of the pictures is a closeup of the THICK framelock, which shows, what to me is perfect lock engagement. Full and even contact between the lock and blade, but as far to the left as possible while maintaining full contact, i can't recall ever seeing a stronger lock, well, outside of a Sebenza, which isn't better, but equally strong and well done. Let me know what you think of the pics, it's sort of an informal hobby of mine.

SnG%20Half%20Open.jpg

SnG%20Clsd.jpg

Sng%20X%202.jpg

SnG%20Lock2.jpg

That last picture could have been my SnG. That's EXACTLY how the Ti lock engages my blade. Perfect!

Thanks Mick! I like taking pics of my stuff, and If you could see me right now, you'd see my sign that says: "Will work for Strider folders" :) So, if you need some photography work, i could sure use an AR... :) I am of course kidding, i dont pretend to be a pro, i just have fun with it.

L.O. Little, yeah, all 3 of my SnG's have what i would call perfect lockup. And I'm VERY picky about lockup.

Wow!! Just wanted to chime in and tell you i think those pics you took are awesome!!!!

Very nicely done.

You take photos for Striders? LOL

I will teach private lessons in Sayoc Kali for Striders as well <grin>.

We might be onto something as a new exchange commodity!

respects, Guro Jeff

Mega,

If you could give me the run down on the Tanto vs. Clip blade styles. I haven't decide on which version to get for my EDC. My indecision is basically because I haven't played with a SnG yet.

Help me out a little, or anyone else with an opinion.

Thanks,

Matt

woops, double post

anyway, one thing I would also like to know is how the cutting performance changes on a tanto with it being flat ground vs. hollow ground. I would assume it would improve. I figure one of you guys have the tantos with both of these grinds and can maybe give me some info.

Matt

Hi Matt, unfortunately i cant really answer your question because so far, i have only used one Tanto and even then for light chores so far. But, i agree, there must be another member who can answer your question, and maybe they will in time.

Either way, definitely get an SNG, theyre way too cool a knife not to have and strong as an ox.

Back