New SnodyKnives Yakuza Sushi Special

Snody

Maker of Fine Knives & Leather Goods
Thanks for visiting the forum.

SnodyKnives Yakuza Sushi Special

Handmade in the SnodyKnives Texas Compound.

Thanks for looking.

newsantoke1.jpg

Such a sweet looking knife. I have a question. Do you ever make this design in a double grind, instead of a chisel grind?

I know that a chisel grind works great for a kitchen use knife, and is a common grind. I have never owned a chisel grind though, and don't know proper technique for sharpening. I usually hand convex all my user knives.

Such a sweet looking knife. I have a question. Do you ever make this design in a double grind, instead of a chisel grind?

I know that a chisel grind works great for a kitchen use knife, and is a common grind. I have never owned a chisel grind though, and don't know proper technique for sharpening. I usually hand convex all my user knives.

Thanks Friend,

I would estimate that about 40% of my blades are chisel ground.

The blade pictured above is actually double ground but most of our Kitchen Knives are indeed chisel ground.

Rat Finkenstein is correct regarding the sharpening procedure.

Regardless of which type grind we prefer the key to performance in the kitchen is thin edge geometry.

Thanks for your posts and your questions.

Good Stuff.

Thanks...

Nice blade sir. I love those deep grinds....reminiscent of if Jody Samson had ever made kitchen cutlery. Good work

This killer piece has a small belly to the blade for rocking through your cutting tasks in the kitchen. :D

chisel grinds are easy- just like sharpening a wood chisel.

Cool knife.

I have never sharpened a wood chisel. What is the technique? (just in case I have to build my own ark some day, I might need to know how to keep my apocalyptic ark building tools in tip top shape).

I have never sharpened a wood chisel. What is the technique? (just in case I have to build my own ark some day, I might need to know how to keep my apocalyptic ark building tools in tip top shape).

you sharpen the ground side- flat to the stone with a wood chisel, and with some knives- (or at the appropriate angle for the grind) raise a small burr, knock it down on the flat side and you are done.

you sharpen the ground side- flat to the stone with a wood chisel, and with some knives- (or at the appropriate angle for the grind) raise a small burr, knock it down on the flat side and you are done.

Real Talk.

Thanks G..

That's pretty cool.
But now my wife wants one!:eek:
Is this a regular production model?

That's pretty cool.

Define production.

SnodyKnives are customs, but AFAIK are usually not one-offs.

I think the man defines "production" pieces as made by SnodyEnterprises.

But what do I know.

That's pretty cool.

Thanks Friend...

I really appreciate your posts.

The next small run of Santokus will probably be available in the third quarter of this year.

I will certainly give you a heads up.

Have a great week...

Define production.

SnodyKnives are customs, but AFAIK are usually not one-offs.

I think the man defines "production" pieces as made by SnodyEnterprises.

But what do I know.

Thanks Bro..

Much Appreciated....

Have a good 1.

Thanks Friend...

I really appreciate your posts.

The next small run of Santokus will probably be available in the third quarter of this year.

I will certainly give you a heads up.

Have a great week...

Cool.
I should have SOME cash by then.:thumbup:

Back