HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Here's a list of things I'm trying to accomplish

High Priority Tasks:
  • Fixing Search - COMPLETED
  • Facebook Integration - COMPLETED
  • Fix Banner Ads so they don't show up for users with paid subscriptions - TEMP HOLD
  • Restricted Subforums excluded from What's New search results - COMPLETED
  • 404 Errors on links to specific forums - COMPLETED
  • Search Engine Friendly URLS - COMPLETED
  • 404 Errors when changing thread display values using drop down menus at bottom of Forums pages - COMPLETED, resolved, screw these guys and their buggy mod rewrite crap

User Interface
  • Recreate Top Navigation - COMPLETED Added new tabs to top navigation with drop down links to specific forum categories
  • Columnize Subforums on Main Forum Display - COMPLETED
  • Forum Color Schemes / Themes - PENDING, need more feedback (Dark theme uploaded)
  • LARGE PRINT Version - ON HOLD: style available, needs to be tweaked.
  • Request: No Subforums on Main category listings - PENDING, need more feedback
  • Mobile Skin / Tapatalk - COMPLETED, tapatalk & berryblab installed. Mobile skin dead for now
  • Breadcrumb Navigation at base of pages - COMPLETED
  • Right Justify Thread Starter info in Threads listing - ON HOLD, tried it, looked pretty ugly.
Miscellaneous Problems
  • Report of bug with images in threads showing up alternately as thumbnails or inline.
  • Quicknav broken for iPad
  • iTrader possibly not aggregating feedback.

Sponsor ads showing up on main forum page with paid subscription.

Yup, I'm seeing the adds. Sorry Kevin, I just posted that on another thread. . . .

sounds like my work list :p

FB is evil, don't sell out :)

Sorry, don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I'm still trying to wade through all the new info and what not. When I click on the Knife maker's for sale forum, I get "not found" error message saying that it does not exist.

Let it also be known that some links saved to the Favorites area, may not work. It appears that once the user logs in and starts navigating, everything appears normal. So far, so good!

Saved bookmarks will need to be updated as they have changed on the server

Every thread I click on, the text isn't horizontal it's vertical.
One letter per line :eek: and the images are just partial. :confused:
I've tried a few things but nothing seems to fix it.
HELP !
Please.

Doug

Sorry, don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I'm still trying to wade through all the new info and what not. When I click on the Knife maker's for sale forum, I get "not found" error message saying that it does not exist.

same with the Busse for sale forum

I found these available and active (current posts).

For Sale: Folders(7 Viewing)
View this forum's RSS feed
Subscribe to This Forum
Threads: 1,853
Ken Coats 4.5 " Clip
by JC in SC
Today, 09:04 PM

For Sale: Fixed Blades(31 Viewing)
Subscribe to This Forum
Threads: 10,285
2 Years Selling on BF
by Screwdriver
Today, 08:38 PM

For Sale: Knifemaking Supplies & Tools(10 Viewing)
Subscribe to This Forum
Threads: 2,276
Store Closing Sale -...
by Burl Source
Today, 08:01 PM

For Sale: Gadgets & Gear(4 Viewing)
Swords, Sporks, Spoons, Sheaths, & Stuff. If it's not a fixed blade, folder, or piece of knifemaking equipment / tool, it probably belongs here.
Subscribe to This Forum
Threads: 209
Cold Steel 'Hawk Kydex...
by condahaw
Today, 08:01 PM

Today 08:54 PM #9

At the head of each post, this is all i see. No icons for Report Post or yellow/red cards.

The Report Post icon is at the bottom of the post now. Colored differently but still an exclamation point in a triangle.

when looking through the new posts it will list threads that are a few days old and locked.

Thanks again for the search function capabilities and allowance for the little guys.

Cheers

GC

[*]Request: No Subforums on Main category listings - PENDING, need more feedback

Spark...I think this is a good idea. Subforums IMO prevent some people from finding them. A good forum will have the main page that shows all the forums listed in a simple format without any hidden subforums. Good examples of this are 24hourcampfire, BPL and The Refuge.

IIRC the request was the opposite - to hide subforums completely off the main category area.

The Thread Display Option in the Busse for Sale forum doesn't seem to be working.
I try to change it to Sort by Last Post and when I hit Show Thread, a "TheWeb Page Cannot be Found" page comes up.

Last edited:
Took me 5 minutes to get here. I'm holding out hope that Blade Forums will get back to normal. Has been my favorite forum. But this sucks right now!

Back