New Terminus XR S35VN...Questions

I just picked up a new Terminus XR with S35VN blade and the G10/Carbon Fiber handle. I researched this model for about a week and after seeing good and bad reviews I decided to chance it because with this steel and the under $50 price, it seemed like a good deal. A common complaint seemed to be the pocket clip with SOG logo cut into it and "excessive writing" on the blade In fact I had planned to contact SOG to see if I could get one of the thin clips as a replacement...Imagine my surprise when the knife I got showed up with the thin clip. Not only that, but the blade is centered and lockup is solid as it should be with only "SOG Terminus XR" on one side of the blade and "Cryo CPM S35VN ...China" on the other side. In fact, I can find few negatives except that due to the clip design, when I try to withdraw the knife from my pocket pinching the sides between thumb and fore finger as with other knives, the cloth wraps over the top of my pocket and under the curve of the clip preventing me from pulling it out. So...I learned I need to go straight into my pocket with my pointer finger along the knife and thumb on the inside.

Odd thing is, I looked on multiple dealer web sites (including SOG) and they all show the short wide SOG stamped clip. Did SOG make some recent changes to this knife or did I possibly get a forgery ? It also came in the box with no paperwork included.

Thanks

Last edited:
Their current web site has the narrow clip with more discrete labelling. I think SOG got the message about the Clip. Isn't this a refresh of an established knife. Maybe you were looking at older photo's?

Their current web site has the narrow clip with more discrete labelling. I think SOG got the message about the Clip. Isn't this a refresh of an established knife. Maybe you were looking at older photo's?
I have no idea but suspect you're right. I will say I called customer service to ask and it didn't seem the person knew a whole lot about their knives...but at the same time, couldn't connect me with someone who did.

Back