Recommendation? New to Knife Collecting. Browsing Traditional Folders.

Moki is a japanese company that has a model called the Kronos that exceeds your budget slightly and origin requirements however the quality is incredible and you'd need to spend at least 3 times the amount to get something of comparable quality made within the states and that would be a Case Bose yearly collaboration knife. Bill Ruple is doing a production knife with Moki and that should tell you a lot if you are familiar with the man's work.

Just throwing it out there. If you have the knife bug you'll be browsing for something "better" or different regardless of the choice you make now so I recommend keeping the moki in mind!

Pogonasong,

Can you tell us what steel Moki uses in those Kronos knives? Thanks.

"Moki is a japanese company that has a model called the Kronos..."

Thanks Pogonasong. I believe there's an appreciable difference between those two and that could be a factor in selecting a model, although I know Mokis are very fine knives. I have one or two lower-end ones in AUS-8 that are very nice but I wish they had been VG-10. In any case I'm leading us away from the subject of this thread!

After staying up till 6am researching knives, I decided on this emerald Case Medium Stockman, but I’m far from done collecting knives and I would like to revisit the Buck Custom Shop sometime when I have more money available. I’m also looking at getting a Swiss Army Knife like the one I had as a kid, and several other random knives that looked interesting. But one at a time for now so I don’t go overboard as I tend to do. Here is the one I ordered:

YbySUpO.jpg

Moki is a japanese company that has a model called the Kronos that exceeds your budget slightly and origin requirements however the quality is incredible and you'd need to spend at least 3 times the amount to get something of comparable quality made within the states and that would be a Case Bose yearly collaboration knife. Bill Ruple is doing a production knife with Moki and that should tell you a lot if you are familiar with the man's work.

Just throwing it out there. If you have the knife bug you'll be browsing for something "better" or different regardless of the choice you make now so I recommend keeping the moki in mind!

I am going to second (or third..) the Moki Kronos. $125 new from authorized dealer but the quality is above that price point. And who wouldn’t appreciate the Bob Loveless influences .....

It’s a wonderful traditional.

View attachment 1409411

I am going to second (or third..) the Moki Kronos. $125 new from authorized dealer but the quality is above that price point. And who wouldn’t appreciate the Bob Loveless influences .....

It’s a wonderful traditional.

View attachment 1409411

I like that example, mine is in a very inferior red&black bone which certainly does not match the stellar build quality of these knives. Been thinking about a rehandle but frankly, I'm not sure anybody can dismantle and reassemble the knife back to original standard....;) When the knife is open you cannot see the line between tang and spring, it looks like a fixed blade:cool: Not seen any American lockback get anywhere near this excellence, it's better built than CASE/Bose Collabs I have, but the bone is horrible:eek:

To the OP good choice of Med Stockman, I believe it could become a Gateway Knife...

Regards, Will

After staying up till 6am researching knives, I decided on this emerald Case Medium Stockman, but I’m far from done collecting knives and I would like to revisit the Buck Custom Shop sometime when I have more money available. I’m also looking at getting a Swiss Army Knife like the one I had as a kid, and several other random knives that looked interesting. But one at a time for now so I don’t go overboard as I tend to do. Here is the one I ordered:

YbySUpO.jpg
Nice choice. :thumbsup:

Back