New User just saying thanks

I haven't posted here before, but I've been lurking here a lot. Just wanted to say hello, and thanks to all of you knowledgeable regulars. I've learned a lot from you guys. But you're gonna get me in trouble... I feel a bout of Blade Acquisition Disease beginning. Inspired by some previous posts, I've already ordered a custom 110 from Pete's(BG-42, stag, nickel bolsters. God only knows what's next.

Welcome and congrats on your Buck!

One of my first "serious" knives was a Duke 500. It's a fine brand and the Pete's series seem to be amazing value.

Keep an eye on your bank-account... :D :eek:

Welcome mate, Glad you're on board. While you can learn alot
you've picked up that you'll have put a padlock on you're wallet!!!

Not being sure how long you've been a knifenut I will suggest that
you go slowly and buy ONLY what YOU like. We do get fired up
here once in awhile over the latest "toy".

Enjoy your new Buck, they are a grand knife, & your stay...........

Originally posted by pistolero
Inspired by some previous posts, I've already ordered a custom 110 from Pete's(BG-42, stag, nickel bolsters.

I stopped welcoming every FNG a long time ago, but I do like to see new posters here. Especially somebody that's done their own homework, picked out something they liked and ordered a knife. I also would like to compliment you on your choice of a knife, a custom Buck 110 from Pete, with Stag and BG-42, excellent choice. You may find that your first knife is all you'll ever need, (not likely, but it could happen).

Whatever you decide regarding more knives or more posts here, I'd just like to say you are welcome here.

Welcome to BFC, pistolero!

You've got good tastes where the 110 is concerned. I spent a night playing with the custom options and ended up with the same choices myself! I haven't bought it yet, but it's on my list. (With a couple hundred other knives!)

I'm sitting here looking at a Buck 110 I bought about 25 years ago. It's had a hard life. It was the first serious knife I ever bought and I carried it daily for a dozen years or so. Then I loaned it to a friend who was painting houses for a living and was kind of hard on it for a few years. I finally got it back and think that with a new pivot pin and a couple hours on the stones, it would still be a serviceable knife.

The 110 is a tough old buzzard and I didn't even get one with fancy BG42 steel (love it in my small Sebenza!).

Welcom, and be careful, these things are sharp (the knives, not the forumites.......well..err...).

jmx

Back