New Waterjet coming 1/23/12

H2Oknife

Precision Cutting Services
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
New state of the art waterjet system coming.
More info and pictures as they are available.
Thanks for your support!

Last edited:
Lookin like 2/6 as the manufacturer is running behind a couple week.

Last edited:
That is one slick machine!!! I had a couple of questions. First, could you explain precisely what 60 degree beveling means? Is that 60 degrees from vertical? Also can you flip a sheet of steel and do two bevels? i am specifically wondering if you can do swedges on a clip point blade blank? Thanks

Yes, 60 degrees from vertical.
No flipping the sheet just reverse the head and cut the opposite bevel.
Not sure how swedges will come out yet but the precision in the machine travel is there.
Thanks for posting your questions, I'm sure most lookers have never seen anything like this machine before.

0-60 while cutting

Thanks. I sure haven't seen anything like that. Seeing something that moves that quickly and still delivers that incredible high pressure stream is pretty amazing. It almost looks too delicate. Is it precise enough to cut bolt/pin holes accurately? As far as precision, I would be looking for it to do wht I do on the belt grinder which is not all that precise. Now if you can save me the middle part where I have to hog on it with a file, that would be a good thing. :D
Yes, 60 degrees from vertical.
No flipping the sheet just reverse the head and cut the opposite bevel.
Not sure how swedges will come out yet but the precision in the machine travel is there.
Thanks for posting your questions, I'm sure most lookers have never seen anything like this machine before.

jdm61, the link is just a demo of the 5 axis head range of motion.
The actual cutting speed is based on material thickness and the edge quality desired and does not move that fast in actual cutting conditions (unless we're doing foam).
Knifemakers steels are thin so cutting speeds are still real good.
The accuracy is only as good as the motion system, the machine I have have coming is top of the line and will produce very clean accurate parts.
Bolt holes are no problem but dowel pin holes will need a reamer to make em sweet.
I routinely cut tap drill bolt holes in > .25" thick aluminum details that can be tapped without additional drilling or reaming.
This isn't the answer for everything but sure does give me a powerful capability.
I like making knife blanks but there needs to be some volume in order to make best use of our machine time.
Prices are base on the economics of scale, prototypes are more expensive vs cutting full sheets.

Delivery was pushed out a little but we received most of the system today, balance due Monday then the install.
I'll be starting a new thread with pics soon.

Thanks,

Mark

cool mark. i bet you are anxious to play with it. how tight a radius can you cut and hold a taper like for a tapered hole?

Radius depends on the material thickness & nozzle ID.
I'm anxious to go to work with it. :)
Will be wet by mid week.

cool mark. i bet you are anxious to play with it. how tight a radius can you cut and hold a taper like for a tapered hole?

DSC_3388-1.jpg

Some Carbon Fiber & SS High Pressure Goodness!

DSC_3399.jpg

Surprised if they still sell waterjet machines.

Last edited:
Mark,
I Just think it's cool you can use that stuff! I'd be all thumbs!! And Uber confused. Keep up the posts

Back