New ZT0550!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if its an assisted opener ?
Judging by the open back I would say it's not an AO. At least not with the SpeedSafe system anyway.
I personally prefer big hard use folders to be manual opening. Less little parts to break at the wrong time.

:eek: OMG! OMG!! :eek:

This is the knife that I have been waiting for Kershaw/ZT to make! And now it's actually going to happen!

No recurve.

No funky swedges.

Woo-Hoo!!!! :D

Ive been edc my Volt for 3 week now I Thought I was done buying for a

while.....but................:D

Want!!!! :)
I hope that it is produced using S30V for the blade. IDK about this new steel listed on the blade (Anyone?)

What is the piece at the back for? Pry bar, screwdriver, glass punch ? I hope it is rounded enough to use with comfort

Last edited:
I like that blade style, i bet they'll sell like hotcakes. I need one or should i say want one. I wonder how much they will sell for when released.

This is the knife that I have been waiting for Kershaw/ZT to make! And now it's actually going to happen!

No recurve.

No funky swedges.

This is what's really getting my attention about some of the upcoming ZT knives. The MUDD is just about the only ZT knife to date that appeals to me, but it looks like that's about to change...

This is what's really getting my attention about some of the upcoming ZT knives. The MUDD is just about the only ZT knife to date that appeals to me, but it looks like that's about to change...
I know! The not having a recurve blade is the best thing about it!! :D

I can't wait to buy one...

Last edited:
Looks nice, but strange why Vanax 35 and not Vanax 75, in Tilt Kershaw used 75.
Those two are quite different at least on paper - Vanax 35 vs. Vanax 75 steel composition comparison.

I think Thomas mentioned they were going for more corrosion resistance with this steel for this model. BUT, there "might" be variations to come. :thumbup:

Yes, it will be a regular production in the ZT lineup, and I`m just a`guessn` it will soon be one of their best sellers!

Maybe SA will post a pic of the spine showing how thick the Ti is. BTW, great pics SA:thumbup:;)

Sign me up! Where do send my CC info? :)

I have been wanting a ZT knife, but I have never warmed up to the whole recurve thing that they do with their knives. This is the one Ti-framed knife that is going to change all that.. :thumbup:

That goofy little skull breaker on the back is a deal killer for me, same as that 3/8 inch nut on the other Zero Tolerances. Bummer.

spiralarchitect, do you mind if I lighten one of your photos?

I just want to make it easier to see the G10 scales...

I think Thomas mentioned they were going for more corrosion resistance with this steel for this model. BUT, there "might" be variations to come.
I haven't used neither of those two, so no preferences at this time. Just, both are folders, both were introduced now and the steel is different, which itself isn't strange or surprising, but Vanax 35 and Vanax 75 seem to be evolution line of some sort...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back