Newbee on the Forum.

Hello everybody, I think I know enough about this thing to be dangeros. Mayo has been trying to get me to do this for a long time. I will try to help out the best I can with any questions about heat treating I can. Thank you Paul Bos.

Welcome Mr. Bos.
Mayo gets everyone in trouble on here just ask Jerry Hossom
I will move over and let the flood of questions come on in.

Jonesy

------------------
Scott Jones
Heck yea I invented it ...What is it???
I only do what the voices in my wifes head tell me to do.
It's kinda like hangin, you never get used to it.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 06-27-2000).]

Welcome Paul! It's great to have you here. It's one of the few things I'll likely ever have to thank Tom Mayo for. I'm glad he talked you into it. `
smile.gif

------------------
Jerry Hossom
www.hossom.com

Samwereb.I hav a 60.00$ Min. That will do up to 20 blades. Over 20 is $3.00 each. For Makers that only have 1or 2 blades I charge $12.00 each. Handling charge is #2.50 per. package, plus return postage. Folder springs, rockers, Etc. are $.50 each.Total lg. of knife over 10" is $.50 per. inch.Some of the CPM. steeles are a little higher depending on the quanity, You can give me a call or E-Maile me for prices. paulbos@buckknives.com---(619)-445-4740 after 4:00 P.M. P.S.T. during the week.Shop # is (619)-562_2370, Am hard to get at shop # , Being a one man show Im usley out in my shop. Thank you Paul.

welcome aboard Paul. You come highly recommended. Does Tom heat treat his blades?
Jerry said he wasn't sure they were.

Steve
confused.gif

------------------
Be alert...the world needs more lerts.

I obey Paul in most everything, except making my blades not warp. I am probably solely responsible for the price increase on CPM steels, because now Paul has to buy tranquilizers whenever some arrives, because it reminds him of my blades.
smile.gif

------------------
Jerry Hossom
www.hossom.com

[This message has been edited by GaKnife (edited 06-27-2000).]

Welcome to the forums Paul!!! This place gets better and better all the time!!! I am glad you are here.

My question: I heard that you differentially heat treat ATS-34: Is that true?

Oh, My other question: What are the extra charges for Canadians?

I'm just gettin' started in knife making as a hobby so it will be a bit before you get my order, but I'll definitely be sending you some stuff in the future!!!

------------------
"Come What May..."

Welcome to shop talk Paul. It's an honour to have you here. Thanks also for posting your prices. As with most legends, your prices are occasionally exaggerated. I was told some time ago that you charge $40 a blade.

That nonsense straightened out, I expect you'll be hearing from me in the not-too-distant future.

Rob!

ps; I was actually considering sending you one or two to find out what a guy gets for $40. Star Wars light sabres from old jeep springs perhaps?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Rob Ridley
Ranger Original Handcrafted Knives

Paul, Its nice to see you here. I appreciate your answers to questions on heat-treating. I was wondering how you do CPM 440V I would like to try it myself. I think I have everything I need now, at least for a one man knife shop. Bruce Bump

Outstanding!!! Hello Paul!! I've heard so much about the heat treat legend, and now you've joined us here at the forums! What an asset!! Hope you stay long and enjoy the forums as much as I have! Take care! Michael

------------------
Always think of your fellow knife makers as partners in the search for the perfect blade, not as people trying to compete with you and your work!http://www.nebsnow.com/L6steel
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms!!!

Glad to have you on the Forum!! I will have a couple of blades of A-2 for you to do sometime next month! I'll email you about prices. Is cryo included and what is the Rockwell on your A-2 stuff? I look forward to sending and getting the blades back! I have done a few of 0-1 heat treated by a machinist friend, but I can't wait to do some stuff with a real, professional heat treat! I too have only heard good things about you, so I think I will send all of my blades to you!

Back